Chapter 47

When Hyunsoo came into work that morning, she wasted no time to tell Minhyuk and Jiyong an updated version of how she felt about Jungkook. They were surprised of course; one weekend she tells them how much she hates Jungkook, and then a few weekends later she confesses that she's somehow falling for that same guy.

After the shock subsided, Minhyuk and Jiyong both began to encourage her feelings.

"This must be real! No one goes crazy the way you did with him," said Jiyong, laughing.

Hyunsoo blushed, thinking about last night and shook her head, as if trying to rid the embarrassment.

"I agree with Jiyong," Minhyuk said, "Last time, with your other guy, you seemed more confused." Hyunsoo opened her mouth to retort, but Minhyuk quickly added, "Which was fine you know, since it was your first relationship."

Hyunsoo definitely felt better by the time she was leaving work. She knew that Hoseok and Jimin would help her too; after all, they were the ones who kept telling her she had feelings for Jungkook. There was something bugging her though... she was feeling as if all her emotions were coming so suddenly that she wasn't even sure whether she was misunderstanding her own sensations. Was she supposed to listen to her heart? Was she supposed to let herself completely fall for Jungkook? Or should she listen to her brain? Let herself wait for another moment, wait for everything to settle (what with the Hyejin drama and the break up with Jinyoung) and wait to see if she even likes Jungkook in the way she thinks.

With these thoughts running through Hyunsoo's mind, it wasn't a surprise when her mood was changing from happy to concerned. However, her mood worsened when, out of all the people she could have come across with, she saw Jungkook with another girl.

Jungkook had his arm around the girl. Hyunsoo was walking behind them, trying to fall back further, just in case they turned around. She didn't want to face him in this situation at all. Her heart hurt against her chest, as she watched Jungkook take the girl around the corner from the path they were walking on. Hyunsoo clenched her teeth and sped up to go past quickly, concentrating on not looking anywhere but where her feet were going, no looking around the corner as she passed. But she did. And what she saw made her freeze.

Jungkook looked at Hyunsoo, and back at the girl. He didn't look at all amazed that Hyunsoo was standing right there, staring at him. Instead, he smirked at Hyunsoo and let go of the girl. She knew that he was going to ask her what she was doing; he was going to ask her why she cared to stop and stare at them. So before Jungkook had a chance to even open his mouth, Hyunsoo turned away and ran, going straight to where her bus stop was.

"Hyunsoo!"

She looked back but continued to run, astounded that he bothered to follow her. What did he want to do? Embarrass her further? She was already a disaster... her feelings... her mind...

"Hyunsoo, wait!"

This time, she stopped. She wanted to hear what he had to say. Though as that thought passed her brain, she realised she sounded and was acting really jealous.

"Go away" Hyunsoo asked, trying to sound cold.

"Why so moody?" Jungkook asked, looking at her, no longer smirking.

"Go back to your weekly girl!"

"I have none."

"Oh, sorry," she replied sarcastically, she was stunned at herself for acting this way, "Go back to your girl then."

"Go back to my cousin, you're trying to say?" Jungkook said, smiling a little.

Hyunsoo's face went from angry and cold, to looking and feeling like a complete idiot.

"I- I- ok. Just, go away." Hyunsoo tried to walk away, but Jungkook held her back by grabbing her arm.

"I just came over to say hi, but you seem to not be in the mood... still," Jungkook was really grinning now, "Remember to meet me at the bus stop with Jimin on Monday. We're going to school together and back, remember?"

And then he left, walking away with his hands in his pockets.

Hyunsoo didn't move until Jungkook was completely out of sight. She could believe she was so stupid to jump to this conclusion! How could she become so reckless in a matter of just a day?

Hyunsoo was about to go to sleep that night, pulling her curtains together, when she stopped abruptly at the sight of them again. This time, Jungkook was comforting his grandma, who was weeping into his shirt. They were standing on the balcony from Jungkook's room. Jungkook was looking up at the sky, hugging his grandma.

It seemed so sad, but also intruding. Hyunsoo tore her eyes away and went to bed, thinking of all the possibilities they could be sad about. But then, it wasn't her business. She couldn't butt into someone else's life... like Jungkook did.

Hyunsoo sat up on her bed, pushing the hair away from her eyes and looked out. They were going back inside now, still hugging. Hyunsoo wanted to ask Jungkook about this, but she didn't want to make it seem like she was trying to interfere. She wanted to help him somehow... repay him for what he did for her family...

Monday morning came quickly and Hyunsoo was already at the bus stop, waiting for both Jimin and Jungkook.

She had spent all day Sunday deciding how to bring the subject of Jungkook and his grandmother crying up to him. It hadn't been easy, but she had decided to come out bold. She needed to get to alone with her first.

It turned out, when it was already halfway through school lessons, that getting Jungkook to be alone with her when she wanted him to, was harder than she imagined. It happened so many times when she used to hate him... what happened now?