Chapter 64

"Hey donkey, are you deaf? Hyunsoo told you to stand up!" Jungkook said, giving a slight kick to Hyejin's desk.

Everyone around them crowded like one big audience huddling together to see the next episode of Jungkook's life. Hoseok and Jimin were standing next to each other, looking curiously at both Jungkook and Hyunsoo. They had obviously not expected this to happen next, though they didn't look very alarmed either.

Hyunsoo noticed Sohee looking stunned and worried, her gaze on Jungkook only. You're next, Hyunsoo thought wildly.

Hyejin was clearly startled by this sudden turn of events, but still, she stood up confidently and walked around her desk to face Hyunsoo properly, with Jungkook just beside her.

"What do you want now?" Hyejin asked, rolling back her shoulders and holding her head up high for extra confidence.

This didn't waver Hyunsoo one little bit, she was too angry to care. Jungkook must have been feeling just as Hyunsoo was, because he suddenly stepped in front of Hyunsoo and put on his cold stare.

"What I want from you? Nothing, as if you even have anything to offer and give away. You've already thrown you dignity and pride away, probably years before but its recently just disappeared. How do you feel right now? Content at everything you've done?"

Hyejin looked from Hyunsoo to Jungkook, probably trying to calculate what to say and to whom she should say it to. "My pride and dignity? I think you mean yours, especially after what you did to Hyunsoo."

"Do you even care what he does to me? Why did you do this?" Hyunsoo asked, feeling the blood rush through her body. She was trying to control her fist. Hyunsoo had never resorted to violence before, and she wouldn't start today.

"I exposed Jungkook for you! You should be thanking me, not standing by his side right now!"

Jungkook sighed. "You don't get it, do you? You don't use your brain? You did nothing except bring us closer, so yes we'll thank you for that, but," he said and paused for a second, looking at everyone around them, "Hyejin, what makes you think you're so much better than everyone here?"

This sparked some more interest within the crowd around them. Some people started murmuring but it was too low for Hyunsoo to hear.

Hyejin was taken aback by Jungkook's question and was trying to keep her posture up. "What makes you think you can just storm in here and ask me questions?"

Jungkook let out a slight smirk. "That answers my question," and then with a louder voice for everyone else, "You heard it here first! First year student Kim Hyejin in her homeroom classroom!"

Everyone was sniggering now, but it wasn't loud and calmed to a silence very quickly, because then Jungkook and stepped closer to look at Hyejin properly.

He spoke in a quiet but audible voice. "I don't know what you think you are, and obviously, I don't care, but if you ever think again that you are worthy of stepping out of your little cage, I will get you. If I ever find you trying to talk to me, Hyunsoo or any other of my friends, then you're being delusional to think I won't hurt a girl."

Even Hyunsoo was watching Jungkook, feeling the scary solid tension between him and Hyejin. Everyone else was gaping at Jungkook. Hoseok and Jimin weren't showing a big reaction, they were just looking at Jungkook with a serious expression.

"You, you!" Hyejin was very irritated. Jungkook must have hit several nerves in his speech, because the next thing that Hyejin did was push Jungkook aside and grab Hyunsoo by her shirt.

"What the!" Hyunsoo yelled out.

"You worm!" Jungkook shouted, pulling Hyejin back by a strand of her hair.

Hyejin screamed out in pain, but not before she managed to lift her hand up high and bring it speeding towards Hyunsoo's left cheek.

Everything happened at once then. Hyunsoo put her own hand up to touch her cheek and felt it sting. She knew it had left a mark. Jungkook was also looking at Hyunsoo's cheek. The next thing Hyejin faced were two fists coming from both direction.

Everyone else in the crowd was shouting insults back and forth. No one really heard much and who these insults were being aimed at. Jimin and Hoseok had come running to pull both Jungkook and Hyunsoo away from damaging Hyejin's face any further than they already had.

"What a violent couple!" Jimin screamed.

"How – dare – you! All of you!" The head teacher said, standing in front of everyone involved in the fight.

They were all sitting in an empty classroom only half an hour later, staring blankly ahead at the poor teacher who had come running to the homeroom classroom after hearing the noise of fists meeting each other and creating blood.

Jungkook was sitting in front of Hyunsoo. She could see he was still breathing heavily from the fight. Jimin and Hoseok were also here on either side from Hyunsoo. Hyejin was sitting on the other side of the classroom by herself, crying silently into her bag on the desk.

"She really does look like a verruca now that she's crying like that," Jimin whispered as silently as possible, since the teacher was still giving a long lecture about violence.

News of the fight between Hyejin, Jungkook and Hyunsoo spread like mosquito bites. Over the whole of next day, people kept coming up to Hyunsoo and Jungkook to comfort them about Hyejin being mean to them.

The whole thing had led nearly the whole school to hate Hyejin. They called her an attention seeker for excitement and drama in her life, and she was now recognised as the worst bully in the school. This whole thing had put her down so much that she started keeping herself isolated from people who hated her. She still had her few friends like TTS, but that was it.

Even Joy didn't talk to Hyejin anymore. In fact, Joy had become friendlier with Hyunsoo and had apologised for the things she had done in the past.