Chapter 10

"Hyunsoo? What are you doing here? It's late." Her mum's eyes widened. "Was it... him? Did he do something again?"
The instant Hyunsoo realised it was her mum who walked in, tears welled up in her eyes. She hadn't seen her mum since before school started, who had a very demanding job, working as a nurse.
"Mum... He- He's getting worse," Hyunsoo sniffed, feeling tears roll down her face.
"Hyunsoo, I'm so sorry... I wish- If only I could do something to save you... find someone to help us. You know no one here listens to us. He changes completely in front of others."
"No, it's not your fault. I'm alright now."
"What happened to your neck? Come here," her mum said, coming closer and tucking Hyunsoo's hair behind the ear.
Hyunsoo couldn't see, but she could feel it. There was a new bruise on the side of her neck. She felt it burn slightly when her mum touched it with her fingers.
"Ouch!"
"Hyunsoo, I'll put some medicine on this. You need to use it every day, to let it heal quickly without infections."
"Yes," Hyunsoo said, and smiled through her tears, "Thank you".
Her mum smiled back and said, "Go upstairs and sleep. I'll be home now for a few days, before I start work again."
Hyunsoo nodded and left, her hand still on the bruise. It was starting to feel painful.
She didn't go to sleep straightaway. Instead, she decided to call Jimin again. Hyunsoo thought, knowing him so far, he was still worrying and thinking about climbing through the window to get to Hyunsoo.
H: Jimin? Hello!
J: GIRRL! What the heck happened??
H: It's all fine, it was just my mum. I'm sorry for worrying you.
J: You're buying me lunch tomorrow now.
H: *laughs slightly* Alright, I will. Now tell me who the girl was!
J: Damn, I thought you forgot...
H: Jimin!
J: Alright, I'm trusting you... so she's in our year as well... in fact, she's in our homeroom.
H: Ooohhhh! Who is it?
J: She sits in the second row and soo far from me...
H: Jimin.
J: She sits next to two class clowns...
H: Jimin, her name please?
J: Ohh, it's Seulgi... hehe...
H: I've never met her but hope you enjoyed your date *laughs*
J: Hehehe
H: What clowns were you talking about?
J: Seulgi has Eunhyuk and Heechul on her sides... imagine the torture she feels...
H: I would like to sit next to happier people than me.
J: Hey, don't you dare turn all depressing on me. By the way, I was thinking, do you want to sleep over my house tomorrow night? I know it's a school night but...
H: Are you sure? I don't want to be a hassle.
J: So it's decided. You're sleeping over!

The next day, Hyunsoo felt her heart drop to the ground when she found out that she had a sports lesson. At least she had Jimin with her, but she hated sports as much as she hated languages.
"Alright everyone, gather here. I'm going to split you all into 3 groups and you'll all play a different sport. The first group is for football!"
Hyunsoo and Jimin automatically moved close to each other. Hoping to be in one group together.
"Group 1, when I call your name, move over to the football field. Taeyang, Hoseok, Hyuna, Jungkook, Daesung and Hyunsoo!"
Jimin turned to look at Hyunsoo with a disappointed look. "I guess I'll see you after lesson." And waved when Hyunsoo made her way to the field.
In the game, the team was split in half. Hyunsoo was with Hyuna and Daesung. It was alright for a bit... until Hyuna decided to kick the ball into Hyunsoo's stomach... probably an accident, but Hyunsoo was still doubled over on the ground in pain.
"Hyunsoo!!"
She looked up at Jimin running to her.
"What are you doing? The teacher will get angry, and your group."
"Are you okay?" Jimin helped Hyunsoo up.
"What happened?" It was Jungkook.
"If you're blind enough to not notice, then ignore it... as if you even care," replied Jimin.
Jungkook looked like he wanted to say something mean to Jimin, but instead kept quiet.
"Hyunsoo... what is that on your neck?" Jimin whispered, he was staring straight at the bruise.
Jungkook unfortunately heard. "What is it?" He bent down to see, and before Hyunsoo could pull away, he was holding her by the shoulders.