Chapter 55

"Hyunsoo, for the last time, stop getting moody over Sohee. This won't be our last date. Sohee managed to ruin this day, but she won't ruin any others."

Jungkook was trying as hard as he could to make Hyunsoo smile, and not a fake one either, instead of thinking about Sohee's intrusion.

"I just can't get over the fact that she did this on purpose because she likes you!" Hyunsoo said, looking sad.

Jungkook patted down Hyunsoo's frizzy hair from the water rides. "You already know how I feel about this. I told you. Just, have a good night and don't think about her. Think about me, because I'm awesome, right?" he smiled.

There was nothing else left to say for Hyunsoo, so she finally smiled back at Jungkook and said goodnight, before walking to her front door and waving for the last time.

"And that's what happened," Hyunsoo said, as she finished filling Jimin in everything that had happened.

"Wow, Sohee is really going for it isn't she..." Jimin thought for a while, and then added, "Do you think Sohee is the kind of girl who would go crazy and do things like in the movies? I mean, your life would turn into one of those reality TV shows!"

Hyunsoo looked at Jimin and thought, 'How did we become friends?', but then she realised she had thought that herself as well so she couldn't really judge.

"I feel like I already am in a dramatic TV show."

"Wow," Jimin said suddenly.

"What?"

Hyunsoo was laying on her bed, but sat up to look at Jimin properly now. Jimin was sitting on the window ledge right in front of her.

"Come here," he said.

Hyunsoo got out and moved to sit next to him. She peered outside her window and finally saw what Jimin was looking at.

"Wow," Hyunsoo repeated after Jimin.

Right outside Jungkook's grandma's house, was Hyejin and an old lady, presumably her own grandma.

"What do you reckon?" Jimin asked.

"I hope it's nothing bad..."

"It's definitely the first time, I mean you live here... you would have noticed."

"True that, but what could this be?"

"We will find out soon... Jungkook will tell you." Jimin was smiling at Hyunsoo encouragingly.

Hyunsoo nodded. "Yeah."

The rest of the holidays went by very slowly, since there wasn't much to do for Hyunsoo and everyone else. She continued to meet up with Jimin often, as well as go out with Jungkook whenever they were both free and set on doing something. Other days, Hyunsoo would spend time with her mum and other relatives who had come to visit from France. This had been the first time they could come to visit due to the usual visa procedures, so it was very enjoyable when they spend time together.

Hyejin's grandmother also continued to come visit Jungkook's grandmother. It was starting to become a routine, every other day they would see each other. Hyunsoo still didn't know what was going on, mainly because she was too awkward to ask Jungkook herself. She hoped that he would bring it up, but he never did either. She didn't want to seem like a stalker – always staring out her window towards where he lives.

Soon, it was time to go back to school again. Christmas had come and gone, and then new years happened where Hyunsoo and Jungkook shared another sweet kiss together. All these nice memories were forgotten when Hyunsoo remembered the night before the first day of school, that the test results were being handed out as soon as it was nearly time to go home. What a great ending.

Everyone, literally everyone, was having a mental breakdown... all except Jungkook.

"Well done to Jungkook, who came first in the whole of first year!" the teacher exclaimed, "And for the rest of you, I hope this is a wakeup call to your coming exams in the future. We don't want any failures in this classroom."

Jungkook was stood in the middle of the homeroom classroom, waving his results sheet around in the air. Everyone else was either sitting sunk in their chairs with their heads resting on the desk, or having a depressing conversation with their friends who equally failed. Hyunsoo and Jimin were one of them.

"Well... this will be great news to bring home..." Jimin said, staring blankly at his results.

Hyunsoo was too speechless to even reply. She wasn't staring at her sheet; she was staring at Jungkook. Since when was he the cleverest of them all? She always thought he was the bad-boy-in-town kinda guy.

"HA! I BEAT YOU ALL. EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM BETTER WORSHIP ME NOW! CALL ME JUNGKING."

Hyunsoo and Jimin rolled their eyes simultaneously.

Jungkook continued to shout at the top of his voice. "I think I deserve a reward. And I don't mean pencils and stickers, or even a pat in the back. I want something good... something I'll have to decide on later... Hoseok, any idea?"

Hoseok was one of the people who were slumped against their desks. He looked up briefly for Jungkook. "A holiday?" And then he looked up alertly, "With a best friend?"

Jungkook put on his thinking face. "Uhm, close... I'll take the holiday part."

Jungkook started laughing, while Hoseok make a face at his best friend and went back to slumping.

The teacher was still stood at the front of the classroom. "I am not done with my announcements for today, if you please, Jungkook especially, sit down properly and listen."

It took several minutes for everyone to calm down, but once that was done, the teacher continued. "You can all make amends with your grades very quickly, because what you have to focus on is your coming group project. This will count to your marks for this whole first year, so I want to see lots of effort and hard work in this! I will release the group members for each project tomorrow. You are dismissed."

The whole class broke out in either cries of joy or cries of sorrow.

Jungkook was in sorrow. And so was Hyunsoo and Jimin... and all the normal people.