10

{Arrins pov}. [warning: not edited]

I wake up the next morning, in a cabin. I look around to find I'm alone. I remember last night, how I left ej, how I forgot my fucking ax!! It angers me that I can be that stupid. I put my hands into my big pocket on my hoodie, and feel something cold. I take it out, the knife I used the night ej killed my parents.

I twirl it around and sit on the couch for a while. I decide, I'll go to the mall.

I teleport in the bushes , as to not freak anyone out. I go into American Eagle to get a new hoodie, when I see someone I thought I would never see again.

"Jerome?!" I say in disbelief, as I look at my brother behind the counter.

"Brittany?" He asks. I cringe at the name, the name I used when I was weak.

"I prefer Arrin, if you don't mind." I say

"Ok, but, who's your foster parents for now? And why weren't you at mom and dads funeral? Where have you been?" He asks worriedly.

"I had to go to distant family in California, they're housing me for now, but I couldn't afford to come until yesterday." I say, reassuring him. He finally noticed my hair.

"Uhh, Arrin? You dyed your hair? I thought you loved your hair color?" He asks

"I do but, I thought is change it up for a bit! Like it?" I ask twirling my black hair. I've been able to control it in public, but when I do it turns black.

"Yeah! It's awesome! When do you have to go back?"

"Tonight, I couldn't afford a hotel, so I stayed at a motel last night and came looking for you today!" Liar!

"Aw, well, as so as you can come visit again ok? I gotta go talk to customers!"

"See ya!" I say as he goes to help two 13 year olds. I put a dark red hoodie, and a navy blue hoodie on the counter.

" $34.56." I only have 4 tens, so I tell him to keep the change. I go over to Starbucks, which is right across the street from the mall. I decide to just chill and drink a cafe vanilla. After a while, a girl with a snowflake bag and whitish hair comes in. Frost.

I quickly make my way out of Starbucks and find a safe place to teleport from, when someone grabs my arm. Frost.

"Where the hell have you been?! Ej and everyone else are worried sick!"

"I left! I'll be back sooner or later!" I say and remove her band from my arm. I quickly teleport back to the cabin.