Pokemon Evolution

If you read the title then that means you probably think I'm about to rant about how pokemon evolve. I just want to say that you are wrong if you thought that. I'm talking about how the show has changed over the last twenty years. And believe me, it has changed quite a bit.

Let me start off by telling you the gens I enjoyed watching.

All of Gen one. All of Gen two. The first half of Gen 3. First season of Gen 4. Some episodes of Gen 7 so far.

Now here are the Gens I did not enjoy as much.

The second half of Gen 3. Gen 5. The rest of Gen 4. Gen 5. Pretty much all of Gen 6. Gen 5. Some episodes of Gen 7 so far. And last and DEFINETELY the least, GEN 5!!!!!!!! Let me start from the beginning.

Gen 1- Obviously the best Gen there is so far. It gave the show a strong start and made me laugh. Who doesn't like to laugh. And it was a cartoon from the 90's.

Gen 2- Took everything from Gen 1 and added an extra 100 pokemon. Obviously not as good as Gen 1 because you were pretty familiar with everything, but still comes up as a close second.

Gen 3- I was feeling the same love here like I was with the other Gens for the first half. But when it was half way over I didn't have the urge to watch the next episode like I usually did. I guess it was starting to get repetitive in the Hoenn region.

Gen 4- I was enjoying it. It had everything I was looking for in the show. Then the second season came and ruined it all. And all of that terribleness led us all the way over to........

Gen 5- They replaced Brock. They brought in an angrier version of Misty. They had pokemon like Trubbish and Kyurem. And Ash was different. I feel like in the other Gens, Ash was dumb, but in a good way. But here in Gen 5 he was dumb in a way that I hated. Did I also mention that this Gen was based off of America. And we should all know what people have thought about America for the last 20 years. I live in Ohio so I am allowed to say that.

Gen 6- Ash wasn't dumb at all. They replaced the guy that replaced Brock, and then gave him an annoying sister. There were no episodes that really stood out though. One episode was just as good as the one before it, which is not good. But hey, at least they gave us Serena. She actually had somewhat feelings for Ash! She is probably the only reason this Gen wasn't as bad as Gen 5. Don't get me wrong though, it was still bad.

Gen 7- Bringing back old style Ash, but still keeping the newer style of Pokemon. Some parts made me laugh while other parts made me sad. But hey, that might just be the transition from Cartoon Network to Disney. Let's just hope Disney can make the show the way it used to be. And I happen to think Kiawe is pretty cool.

So you can understand the evolution of the show better, here are the first episodes of every Gen. And then at the end of all of the episodes I will tell you what I liked about Pokemon the most and I will show you 7 more episodes from Gen 1 that were some of my favorite.

Gen 1 Episode 1-

Gotta love the PokeRap.

Gen 2 Episode 1-

Just saying, Totodile is my favorite starter.

Gen 3 Episode 1