Chapter 53

Third person's POV

"Shit!" Boruto angrily throws his phone against the wall, causing Inojin and Shikadai to wince at the loud thud.

Inojin looks up from the manga he's been reading, concerned. "Who was it?"

"My mom..." Boruto replies with frustration clear in his voice.

Both Inojin and Shikadai shift their attention from their own devices to their distressed friend. "What was she saying?" Shikadai asks.

Boruto hesitates for a moment, taking in a deep breath before responding. "She... she was asking about Himawari."

It's clear that Boruto is torn between his loyalty to his mother and his determination to keep Himawari safe. The mere thought of his father's involvement in this situation makes him feel sick.

"She's worried about you, Boruto. After all, you didn't tell her everything," Shikadai points out, "And you broke the call."

Boruto nods, acknowledging the truth in Shikadai's words. "I know. I told her to stay with big sister Hanabi, though..."

"In Tokyo, right?" Inojin inquires after a quick internet search.

"Yeah. It's pretty far from here."

"That's good, though. It gives you more time to figure out a solution," Shikadai suggests.

Boruto contemplates the situation in silence, realizing the complexity of it all. He initially thought saving Himawari would be straightforward, but the consequences and risks involved are proving to be far greater than he anticipated.

He scolds himself internally. What am I even doing? I should be focused on saving Himawari, Sasuke, and Itachi, not dwelling on my own problems.

Inojin, however, takes a different direction in the conversation. "....Why didn't you kiss her?" he asks, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Boruto's face turns crimson as he stammers, "What? Who?!"

"(y/on)! You confessed to her, right?" Inojin continues, unabashed.

Boruto looks away, his embarrassment clear. "U-Uh...." He mumbles, "Shut up."

Inojin playfully slings an arm around Boruto's shoulder. "There's nothing to be ashamed of, really!"

Boruto pushes Inojin's arm away, his embarrassment showing no signs of abating. "Then why are you even mentioning this?!"

"Because... we ship you!" Inojin announces cheerfully.

Shikadai chimes in, his amusement evident. "And there we go again..."

Boruto can't help but laugh at their antics. "What about Itachi's ship?"

Inojin rolls his eyes dramatically. "Sometimes you have the stupidest reasons ever."

As Boruto bursts into laughter, Shikadai joins in, and the atmosphere lightens.

"But Sasuke and Itachi are gone for now," Shikadai notes. "You have the biggest chance to be romantic. Go talk to her!"

Boruto hesitates, but the encouragement from his friends wins him over. "But... go where?"

Inojin and Shikadai, taking charge, each grab one of Boruto's arms and start dragging him toward Himawari's room.

As they reach the door, they see you inside, crying on Chocho's shoulder while Sarada tries to comfort you.

"....She's crying," Boruto mutters, his concern evident in his voice.

Inojin, puzzled, raises an eyebrow. "Why? Is it because of what I said before?"