Chapter 67

"Ugh, I hate needles," Boruto complained, grimacing as he felt the lingering burn from the anti-thrombosis injection in his leg. It had been over half an hour since the nurse administered the shot, and the discomfort still radiated through his limb.

"Don't worry, you won't have to do it again," Hinata reassured him, her soothing voice offering a brief respite from his unease. "You haven't moved for a long time, so it's only normal for you to take it."

"Couldn't I have just taken pills like Himawari?" Boruto grumbled, his youthful pride stung by the necessity of the injection.

Hinata chuckled softly, her motherly warmth washing over him. "But, unlike her, you're almost a grown-up man."

Boruto rolled his eyes at the playful remark. He couldn't help but feel like his mother still saw him as her little boy.

While Hinata retreated into the pages of her book, Boruto lay on his hospital bed, staring up at the plain ceiling. The situation had been strange from the very beginning, and nothing seemed to make sense.

The memories of his recent experiences flooded his mind. The dream-like quality of it all, from waking up with non-fatal injuries to the inexplicable return of his family, still baffled him. His head had suffered grave injuries in that accident, yet they had miraculously been less severe than expected.

Boruto shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He couldn't let himself get lost in the whirlwind of confusion.

"So, Mom, what's going on?" Boruto finally asked, his voice tinged with anxiety.

"What do you mean?" Hinata responded, glancing up from her book and meeting his gaze.

"You never tell me what's going on," Boruto said, his frustration with the lack of answers mounting.

"Boruto—"

"What happened?! How is Himawari alive? Where is (y/on)?"

Silence fell between them, and Hinata's hesitation was palpable.

"Mom, what is it?" Boruto pressed, his impatience growing. He couldn't bear the uncertainty any longer. He needed answers.

Hinata sighed heavily, her gaze fixed on her lap. "To be honest, Boruto, I don't know what to tell you."

Boruto's eyes widened in disbelief, and his heart raced even faster. He had expected answers, but this admission left him utterly perplexed.

"You were talking about incidents I don't know of," Hinata continued, her voice laden with concern. "You were cursing your father for something he didn't do—"

"Mom—"

"Let me speak, Boruto," Hinata implored gently.

Boruto reluctantly released his frustrated breath and crossed his arms, waiting for his mother to continue.

"You were talking about people neither your father nor I know," Hinata explained. "At first, I thought you were out of your mind, but then Himawari started talking about the same things as you."

The pieces of the puzzle started to click into place, and Boruto felt a knot forming in his stomach.

"What do you mean by 'people we don't know'?" he asked tentatively, fearing the answer.

Hinata hesitated before continuing, "Who is (y/on)?"

Boruto's eyes widened, and a cold shiver ran down his spine. It couldn't be...

"What?" he stammered, struggling to comprehend what his mother was saying.

Another tense silence stretched between them, and Boruto couldn't bring himself to accept what he was hearing.

Hinata looked away, fiddling with her hands nervously. "I'm sorry, Boruto. You were talking about someone named (y/on), but I have no idea who that is."

Boruto felt a lump forming in his throat. This couldn't be real. It couldn't be happening. He had memories of (y/on) so vividly etched into his mind.

"W-what do you mean, Mom?!" Boruto said, his voice trembling.

Hinata continued, "Sasuke and Itachi never had an adoptive sister, and they're both grown up—"

Boruto's heart raced, his breaths shallow and uneven. "They're... grown up?!"

"Yes," Hinata confirmed gently. "Sasuke also has a wife and a daughter. Did you forget all of that?"

Boruto was at a loss for words. The reality he had known had unraveled before his eyes, leaving him stunned.

"No way..." Boruto mumbled, trying to wrap his head around the information. "Do you know Saki?"

Hinata shook her head. "No, I'm sorry."

Boruto struggled to process everything. Himawari had experienced the same dreams and memories as he had. None of it made sense. It felt like he had lived two entirely different lives, and he was trying to reconcile them.

Hinata continued to explain the new reality to him. Naruto had always been there for them during his childhood. The Uchiha clan had not been wiped out but had become the village's police force. Obito was Sasuke's relative who had passed away in an accident, and Sasori and Deidara had died from an inherited disease. Saki's father had never become the mayor because he had never existed.

Boruto's breath hitched, and he struggled to hold back tears. It was all too much to take in. His brain felt scattered as he grappled with the revelations.

Hinata's words tugged at his heart. "Boruto, you could've told me about the pressure from school," she said softly. "Why didn't you?"

Boruto wiped away a tear that had escaped. "Because I... I didn't want it to be true," he admitted. "I didn't want to disappoint you or Dad. Most of all, I didn't want to fail myself."

Hinata listened with empathy, her eyes never leaving his.

"I just can't believe that the people who were there for me weren't real," Boruto confessed, his voice breaking. "The person I truly fell in love with for the first time isn't real. How am I supposed to comprehend that?"

His mother's grip on his hand tightened as she offered him comfort and support.

"Mom, I don't know what to do," Boruto admitted, his vulnerability on full display.

Hinata's eyes filled with warmth and understanding as she held her son's hand firmly. "Are you ready to go back to Konoha, Boruto?"

________________________________________________________________________________

~MBTI of the characters~

Sasuke: INTJ

Itachi: INFJ

Boruto: ESTP

Himawari: ENFJ

Sarada: ISTJ

Chocho: ESFP

Inojin: ISFP

Iwabe: ISFP

Shikadai: ISTP

Denki: ISFJ

Sumire: ISFJ

_____________________________________________________________________________

I can tell we're inching closer to the end of this book. Jeez, it has been a big ride and I still have so much to revise in this book. I also need to improve my writing again, it't still rusty <'3

I can't tell when the next chapter is coming out since I've been releasing chapters I had worked on long time ago- but don't worry! I still have the same ending in mind as I've had ages ago haha :')

I'll make sure to bring out the next ones as soon as possible (but school is being rough on on me rn ehe)