Chapter 34

Third person's POV

"So, now explain to me what happened," your father demanded, sitting on the couch next to you.

"Well, you see... we..." Boruto began, attempting to find an excuse.

Himawari gave Sarada a pleading look, but even the usually resourceful Uchiha was at a loss for words. You sighed, realizing there were no other options but to tell your father everything. Meeting your dad's gaze with a determined expression, you spoke up.

"Dad, I'll explain everything," you said, raising your hand to catch his attention. The others exchanged troubled glances, but you smiled at them, wanting to reassure them that there was nothing to fear.

"You can't do that! He'll take us to the hospital!" Sasuke objected, earning a glare from you.

"What choice do we have? He's my dad, after all! He should know about the situation better than any of us!" You frowned at Sasuke.

"What situation?" Your father inquired, his curiosity piqued. You proceeded to explain everything you remembered, detailing who you were and what had transpired.

Your dad narrowed his eyes, standing up from the couch. "So, that idiot is now attempting to kill (y/on) while enjoying the perks of being the current mayor," he muttered to himself. You looked down guiltily, burdened by the weight of your circumstances.

"But it's nice to see you again, Boruto. I just couldn't recognize you with how much you've grown!" Your father smiled warmly at the grumbling Uzumaki.

"Me too, Oji-san," Boruto grinned. "Do you still remember when we tried to bake bear-shaped bread, but it turned out completely different?"

Your father burst into laughter, reminiscing about the past.

.

.

.

"U-uh, O-OJI-SAN, (Y/ON)! SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED, DATTEBASA!" Boruto rushed over to his uncle and childhood friend, wearing a terrified expression. You pouted at his loud voice.

"Don't scream like that, blondie!" You playfully slapped his arm before heading to the kitchen with your father.

"What a shame... Boruto, your bread is burned..." Your dad said, though he couldn't hide the hint of a smile. Boruto crossed his arms, looking grumpy.

"Maaaan, why?! I gave my best to do this!"

"Hahahaha, what a funny shape! Your bread turned into a burned star!" You laughed so hard you almost fell to the ground. Boruto glared daggers at you.

"Don't laugh, (y/on)!"

"Come on, let's share my bread if it turns out good!" You suggested.

"Fine..." He muttered reluctantly, while your father shook his head.

"Kids are sometimes troublesome..." Your dad muttered, and Boruto clicked his tongue.

"Just like my old man!"

.

.

.

You rolled your eyes, and Himawari's eyes began to sparkle with joy and surprise.