Chapter 26

You let out a relieved sigh as you watched Boruto and your dad talking peacefully. At least they got along with each other.

Boruto laughed, appearing to enjoy the conversation. Itachi and Sasuke were eating quietly, as if nothing had happened, but Sasuke kept an eye on the two of you.

-

"Good night, Dad!" You hugged your father before heading to your room. Boruto settled on your second mattress, seemingly trying to sleep. However, you couldn't help but notice that he was staring at the ceiling, his expression filled with a deep sadness.

"Is something wrong?" you asked, concerned.

"No, don't worry," he replied dismissively.

"Hey..." You moved to sit on the floor next to him, lightly tapping his arm. "Tell me what's bothering you. You've been acting strange ever since we came here."

"So?" He avoided meeting your gaze.

"Just so you know, Uzumaki, if something's weighing on your mind, you can talk to me, okay?" You locked eyes with him, your expression filled with sincerity.

"You serious?"

"..." You hesitated for a moment. Should you open up to him? After a brief pause, you decided to go ahead. "...Yes, I am."

He looked away, letting out a chuckle. Your frown deepened; was he mocking you?

"... Thanks for letting me enjoy the time with ... a dad," his voice wavered, almost cracking.

"Your wel-"

!

Was he crying?

-

The following morning, you stirred awake, sensing a weight on you. You wondered about the time as you squinted against the bright sunlight streaming into the room.

"What time is it?..." you mumbled to yourself.

The sun's rays illuminated your face, prompting you to shield your eyes with your arm. As you slowly began to wake up, something felt off. You cast your gaze downward, and what you saw left you in shock: Boruto was sound asleep next to you, his head resting on your shoulder.

You instinctively pressed a hand to your mouth, stifling a scream as you flew out of bed, landing on the ground with a thud, resembling an airplane crash-landing.

Boruto winced, then rubbed his eyes, glancing around to find you sprawled on the ground.

"Uh... is the ground more comfortable for you?" he asked, his expression troubled. You growled in frustration, sitting up.

"Why were you sleeping next to me?!" you demanded, your curiosity piqued.

His face reddened in response. "I just, uh... well, I was feeling down, okay?! I suddenly got all emotional," he admitted, his embarrassment evident.

"Fine," you replied softly. "Like I told you, you can talk to me if something's bothering you, but..."

Boruto lifted his head as you moved to sit next to him on the bed. Then, he facepalmed himself.

"We never talked about it, I get it!"

"Good boy," you chuckled, glancing at your watch. It read 9 AM, which seemed fine, but then you remembered something.

"... Is today Saturday?" You turned to Boruto, questioning.

"Yup."

"So, do we have any special plans for today?"