Chapter 27

Third person's POV

"Damn it! Where are they!? Tell us, god damn it!" The angry voice echoed through the house.

"The hell is going on?" Boruto muttered, puzzled by the commotion. You backed away cautiously, almost losing your balance on the balcony.

"L-let's stay here!" you urged.

"Huh?" Boruto blinked at you. "You don't have to be afraid. If something happens, we can handle it ourselves."

"Fine..."

You cautiously descended the stairs, hoping the voice belonged to someone with a reassuring presence. However, your hope dwindled as you heard the ominous sounds of violence – someone being hurt or killed by gunfire.

"G-guys!?" You gasped as you reached the scene. Your friends lay unconscious, except for Itachi, who was bleeding on the ground.

Everyone was injured, victims of two black-masked assailants. One was tall and imposing, while the other was smaller and seemingly weaker.

"What the-?!"

"-There they are!" The smaller one shouted, pointing directly at you. Your eyes widened in shock as memories flooded back – memories of the day your mother had disappeared, accompanied by horrifying images of that fateful day.

.

.

.

 "KAA-SAN! WHY ARE THEY FOLLOWING US!?"

 "LISTEN (Y/ON)! YOU HAVE TO LIVE ON BUT WITH A NEW IDENTITY!"

 "N-NEW IDENTITY?!"

"YOUR NAME WILL BE (y/n) (l/n)! PLEASE I BEG YOU! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO ME THEN..."

"THEN...."

.

.

.

Boruto's voice became frantic as he shook you vigorously. Your screams filled the room, echoing your fear and desperation.

"THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! PLEASE HELP ME, KAA-SAN! HELP ME!" you cried out, feeling an overwhelming sense of terror and hopelessness wash over you. Boruto knelt down beside you, doing his best to shake you back to your senses.

"Calm down, (y/n)!" he yelled, shaking you even more vigorously. The men who had invaded the house stood around you, their cold, impassive expressions contrasting sharply with your frantic state.

You looked up at them, your eyes filled with a mixture of fear and anger. They wore the same eerie uniforms as the men who had chased you on that fateful day, sending shivers down your spine.

"What are we gonna do with her? Mrs. Yume wouldn't be happy about her da-" one of the men began to say, but his words were abruptly silenced as the smaller one covered his mouth forcefully.

As Boruto stood up, his frustration and determination shone through his intense glare directed at the intruders. His protective instincts were in full force, and he had no intention of backing down.

"Listen, you stupid assholes," Boruto spat, his voice firm and unyielding. "I don't care about your damn goals. If you want to go after someone, come after me. But leave her out of it."

Boruto's declaration hung heavily in the air as he refused to acknowledge your gaze, awaiting the intruders' response.

"...Sir. I know this kid; This is Boruto Uzumaki, the son of the former mayor," the taller intruder admitted, his words sending shockwaves through you. Your jaw dropped in disbelief.