Chapter 17

Third person's POV

"Don't do anything stupid, okay?" you cautioned.

"Yeah, yeah..."  Boruto replied with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Exhaling a tired sigh, you settled onto the mattress, and Boruto flicked off the lights. As the room dimmed, you pulled the blanket over yourself and reached for your phone.

Thirty messages? All from Sasuke.

You rolled your eyes, a small smile tugging at your lips as you appreciated his caring nature. Typical Sasuke...

Sasuke: How are you doing?

                  Did something happen?

                  (y/n)!

                  Answer me!

                  Little baby brat!

Not wanting to read any further, you texted back;

You: Sorry emo! I didn't have time to write back.                                                                                                   Everything is fine! How r u guys doing?

You tucked your phone away, feeling a pang of guilt for not being completely honest with Sasuke. Still, it was better this way. At least he wouldn't have to worry about you. You were more than capable of taking care of yourself.

Letting out a soft sigh, you pulled the blanket away from your head.

"Still awake?" Boruto's voice broke the silence.

You noticed that his night light was still on and your gaze wandered to him. He was holding a book, looking at you with curiosity.

"I should ask you the same question," you replied, breaking the eye contact.

"By the way, thanks for helping us out," he said unexpectedly, and you looked at him in surprise as you sat up.

"But why did you blame yourself for something that I did?" he asked, catching you off guard. You tried to find an answer, but it eluded you.

"Why did you break the door?" you asked bluntly, ignoring his question. A tick mark appeared on his forehead.

"Look, I was just panicked. I mean, maybe you wanted to commit suicide or something!"

"Don't tell me you were worried about me," you pointed out, causing him to blush.

He coughed shyly, and you couldn't help but smirk.

"It's just a joke..."

"O-of course. I knew it."

Sure...

You didn't bother to ask any further questions and closed your eyes. Before you drifted off to sleep, you could hear him say, "Good night."

-

"Soooo... how was yesterday?" Sarada asked, breaking the silence.

"It was okay, I guess..." You replied, taking a bite of your apple. Sasuke, sitting across from you, gave you a suspicious look.

"Why that look?"

"What do you mean?" You shifted your gaze to the table where Boruto usually sat and noticed him scolding Saki. What's going on again?