Chapter 1: Agni Prashtaan

*Author's note*
This is the second part of the story Bahubali.
If you haven't read the first part yet, I strongly suggest you to read that first before this one.
(First part- BAHUBALI: The beginning indianstories )

**************

Kattapa continues the story of Bãhubali.

Bhalal and Bahubali fearlessly fought and won the battle against Kalkeya. It was the day of 'Agni-prasthan', which comes only once in 26 years. The day when the daughter-in-law of the Mahismati kingdom walks thirty kilometers barefoot, with a fire bowl on her head. She can't stop walking until the ritual is completed.

All the people and villagers of Mahismati were present there. They watch Shivgami carrying a fire bowl on her head walking towards the place where the devil's statue is placed. Her legs were bleeding after walking such a long distance. The villagers tense up as they see Shivgami's feet bleeding. But she kept walking. The villagers throw flowers on the ground, to make Shivgami walk on it. She felt relieved when she felt the touch of soft petals under her foot while walking. Kattapa was along her side for all the time. People gather around her.

Just then, the elephant which was standing under a tent goes mad. It starts throwing away things around. The villagers panic and start running away from the elephant. The elephant picks up a villager from it's trunk and throws him in the air.

Shivgami doesn't stop walking, she commands," Kattapa, take the people away from the elephant. Take them to a safer place."
Kattapa asks her,"But what about you?"
Shivgami says boldly,"Dont worry about me."
"As you say queen mother",says Kattapa.

Kattapa immediately goes, picks up a fallen kid and commands direction to all the people. While Shivgami keeps walking. The elephant breaks the tent and comes running towards Shivgami.

 The elephant breaks the tent and comes running towards Shivgami

Soon Bahubali enters pulling a large wagon. He then quickly climbs the wagon as the wagon hits the elephant. The elephant falls down. Shivgami walks between the wheels of the wagon. Kattapa proudly whispers to himself,"You didn't stop afterall!"

The wagon had a large Ganpati (Elephant faced god) statue above it

The wagon had a large Ganpati (Elephant faced god) statue above it. The elephant gets up on its legs and pays respect raising it's trunk.
Bahubali gets down and pats elephant's trunk which has calmed down now. He watches his mother smile at him as she keeps walking.

Shiva pats the elephant gently and steps on it's trunk. The elephant lets Bahubali climb, he easily walks on it's trunk and stands on top of it.

 The elephant lets Bahubali climb, he easily walks on it's trunk and stands on top of it

They finally reach their destination. Shivgami finally takes out the fire bowl from her head. She fires the tip of a huge arrow and hands it over to Bahubali. The elephant holds the huge steel bow with it's trunk and raises it. Bahubali adjusts the arrow against the bow and shoots it towards the devil's statue. The statue starts burning, and everyone starts showering Bahubali with flowers.

 The statue starts burning, and everyone starts showering Bahubali with flowers

Everyone admired Bahubali so much. They were more than happy to know that Bahubali was going to be their King soon. He always cared for his subjects.

He used to care about his mother more than anyone in this world. When Shivgami used to get sick, he used to stay up all night, just to take care of his mother. And when she gets better in the morning, he finally rests on his mother's lap. Their bond was unbreakable.