38

Stanford

4 days later : GAME DAY v Harvard

Becky takes a seat in the front row, looking for her girlfriend on the pitch. But since the brunette is nowhere to be found, she only shakes her head and waits. 

Entering the Draft tomorrow, the defender is feeling nauseous : what if she doesn't get picked ? What if either her or Kelley will find themselves unwanted ? What if all this drama just prevented them from getting picked ? Loads of questions are running through her mind, but still, she just keeps her eyes on the pitch. Good thing is that her teammates didn't let her come here all by herself : Julie is by her side, sitting next to Maro. When the veteran realizes that they're sometimes holding hands, she only smiles : she always has liked the German, and is glad that Julie found someone like her. 

Then, there are Rose and Mal, who came to support Moe, Lindsey and Janine, their former teammates, as Kealia can be seen on the ranks as well. It's been a long time since Becky hasn't seen the former Bruin, and she was kind of glad she was back here. 

"Crazy what happened, uhn ?" the blonde asks, raising her eyebrows. 

Becky nods. 

"Fortunately enough, it's over now."

Of course the defender is not angry at the girls that left the team during the year : their safety came first. If you take Janine's example : she got beat up under Hope's order. It's pretty normal that she or her parents didn't want her to stay here. Same goes to the youngster as Lindsey and Moe. 

Speaking of which, the young middy joins her Harvard teammates on the field, as they do their usual hoodle. Still no sign of Shelina.

"We are going to keep this team going, Becks" Kealia says in a serious tone. 

Becky frowns 

"'We'?"

Kealia smiles. "I'm coming back next year. I don't know how I'd manage to do my last year of college somewhere else than here, with those wonderful girls." 

"I'm glad to hear that" Becky says, hugging the blonde. 

As soon as she lets go of her, Kealia has a bright smile on her lips when she looks toward the field. Becky immediately does the same, and when she sees Shelina jogging toward her, she immediately walks down the stairs to be leveled-up with the girl. When the brunette quickly wraps her arms around Becky's neck and kisses her with all the love she has, Becky kisses her back, smiling in the process. 

Once the brunette lets go, she has the brightest and cutest smile of them all, and says in a very loving voice : 

"Wish me luck, babe"

"Good luck, go and kill it" Becky says, as Shelina is already walking away. After some steps taken by the Canadian, Becky can't help but yell : "That's my girl here !"

Shelina turns around, laughing, before rolling her eyes at her girlfriend and join her teammates in the center of the field. 

"Is it safe to say that y'all are goals ?" Rose asks. 

Becky shakes her head, laughing. "Shut up, kid."

"Fine"

When the whistle blows, Stanford and Harvard are ready to battle through this one. And what a battle it has indeed been.