27

Right in between two training sessions - the girls have three hours during which the goalkeepers are having a special training to study - Kristie energetically knocks on Steph's dorm door, and when nobody answer it in two seconds, she opens in. 

She stops after taking just two steps into the room, freezing when she sees Gibby, sitting on her bed, all alone in the room. The blonde slightly blushes, and says : 

"Oh, sorry". She the frowns. "Do you know where Steph is ? I needed to work with her because I can't do anything on my own in terms of motivation nowadays." 

"She's at Abby's" Gibby settles. 

Kristie shakes her head : Steph told her she'd help her out. Rolling her eyes, she turns around, before saying : 

"Thanks, I'll kill her, but thanks for the info" she mutters, upset. 

Right before she can exit the room, Kristie hears Gibby's voice say : 

"But we can study together if you want ?". When the blonde turns around, raising her eyebrow - in a seductive way, as always - Gibby immediately adds : "I mean, I have trouble concentrating as well." 

"Okay."

Without further due, Kristie lets herself fall on Steph's bed, under Gibby's bored and judgmental look. She then smirks, before getting up again, walking toward the brunette. When she sits down next to her, Gibby tenses up. 

As the blonde is looking at her computer screen - in order to see what she's working on - Gibby can't help but stare at her. 

"What's that all about ?" Kristie asks, truly interested. 

Gibby shakes her head. 

"Human traffic." she only says, focusing on what she's typing. 

"That's quite interesting, and such an underrated problem nowadays" the blonde comments, trying to read some of the paper, but the young defender closes her laptop. And Kristie then grins. "Why did you close it ?"

"Because I can't focus because of you" 

Kristie smiles. 

"Why ? I'm only reading it..." While those words slips out of her mouth, Kristie's hand is tracing a soft line on Gibby's leg. The brunette immediately tenses up, but Kristie acts as nothing is happening when she says : "So, I wanted to ask you a question... May I ?"

"Do I really have a choice ?" Gibby asks, sassy, but something in her voice indicts Kristie that she is uncomfortable. 

The blonde knows she's having an effect on her, just by the way Gibby is either pushing her away, nor asking her to leave. Her eyes are locked on Kristie's lips as she is speaking, just for a second, before looking into her ocean eyes, ignoring the fact that she should probably do something to stop the blonde. Suddenly, Gibby wins her assurance back, which makes her even more attractive to Kristie.

The memory of Gibby's lips against hers, in the museum, makes Kristie want to kiss her. But she knows she can't do that right now, so instead of doing it, she stares into Gibby's eyes with a sassy smile on, before asking :

"Why are you resisting ?"

Gibby shakes her head. "You're not that lovable and attractive Kristie, at least not as much as you think you are." she says, raising her eyebrows. "I know you're not used of being told that, but I am not like other people : you can't have me simply by smiling."