5

Five days later

After class, Kealia got back to her dorm, a smile on her lips : ever since the former seniors have graduated, she knew she finally would be in a starting position

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After class, Kealia got back to her dorm, a smile on her lips : ever since the former seniors have graduated, she knew she finally would be in a starting position. She knew she couldn't be compared to people like Wambach or Leroux, or even Rodriguez, who were directing an attacking counter that was said to be the best in the whole tournament. They also are the reason why the team was having this little trouble advancing further and further. 

When the blonde opens her dorm's door - that she shares with juniors Kristie, Kling and Kelsey - she finds her teammates crawling on their beds, watching a game on TV. Kealia immediately recognizes Juventus' colors, and know Kling was probably the one insisting to watch it. She smirks, before throwing an envelope at them, containing the roster for Wednesday's game. For a Friday night, the campus was abnormally calm. 

Kling immediately grabs the envelope and unfolds it. When she sees her name on the starting eleven, she starts dancing around the dorm, before handing it to Kelsey and Kristie, who once again are substitutes. 

"Gibby made the roster" Kristie says, quite surprised. 

Of course Kelsey is the one saying : "She deserves it. That kid can play. No wonder she's Broon's new pupil."

"What do you mean ?" Kealia asks. 

The goalie smirks. 

"Well, she's like a mini-Becky, and a younger version of JJ, so my guess is that Becky is gonna raise her as well."

"We all know Becky is raising the whole back line, except from me" Kling says, rolling her eyes. "I mean, Dahlkemper and Oyster also are her babies."

"She ain't raising you because you're a lost cause" Kelsey lets out, raising her eyebrow. 

Kling only smirks, but doesn't say anything. But Kealia, who is looking at the roster a little bit closer, suddenly realizes something. 

"She changed the formation"

"4-3-3 ?" Kelsey asks. 

Kealia nods. 

After a few minutes, the four girls leave their room. They are set to join some of the gals for an team-bonding dinner. When they arrive to the place they're expected, they find Tobin, Allie, Kelley and Ash already here. They greet her by high-fiving them, before sitting down around the wooden table. 

Tobin looks at Kealia for a while, before saying : 

"Ready for our home opener, Ohai ?" she asks, smirking.