22

Current roster :

Goalkeepers : K. Wys, J. Campbell
Defenders : J. Johnston, B. Sauerbrunn, A. Dahlkemper, M. Oyster, C. Gibbons
Midfielders : T. Heath, A. Long, K. Mewis, R. Lavelle, D. Marozsán
Forwards : A. Hegerberg, K. O'Hara, S. McCaffrey, M. Pugh

"We are going to fight, do you hear me ?" Kelley asks in a fierce voice. When she sees all her teammates facing her, nodding their heads with conviction, she smiles. "But not the Stanford kind of fight. Now that they have their hands tied after the police is investigating their players, they can't do anything against us for now. We need to be smarter, that's why I arranged a new training schedule." the brunette proudly says. She then turns the screen on, and a detailed plan with the days of the weeks and hours in between which several sorts of training are going to take place. "Since Jill can't legally make us train, I went to see the headmaster, and she told me I could become 'coach' while the season is on suspension. So if nobody is against it, I suggest we continue training, because we gotta make the Final Four, and we still have points to win and earn in order to move forward." 

The words seem to strike the players, because they all seem to agree with the brunette, some of them even clapping their hands (Kelsey and Tobin, of course.). Since Becky is not back yet because she wanted to take care of Shelina, Kelley is the one that legitimately is captain under such circumstances. 

If there is someone quite happy with this nomination, it's Allie Long. The blonde starts raising her hand, in order to everyone listening to her :

"I know this is a troubled period of the year, especially with all the departures and problems this team has gone through." she says, thoughtfully thinking every word she is saying. When she makes sure everybody is listening to her, she continues : "Even with all that, I believe in this team. Our main aim has been to be united against adversity, and fighters during troubled times, and that's exactly what we are being now. When I look at this group of girls in front of me, I tell myself : 'Damn Allie, this a good shit. You better not mess anything up.' And I know you guys feel it too ; at least I hope you do." 

There are a few laughs in the assembly, before the blonde sits down under the applauses of her teammates. Tobin gives her their usual 'Harry high-five', before they both giggle and look at Kelley, who is up again.

Her eyes are now locked on Megan : 

"Well, since everybody now know about your secret relationship, I only wanted to say a word..." Kelley starts. 

But the youngster interrupts her, saying to everybody : 

"Look, I know this is messed up. I don't need you guys to say anything good just to make yourself feel better. But I love that girl, and she's suffered enough." 

Kelley smiles. 

"This is why Kailen, as well as Shelina, are now part of our little family" the brunette says, as some eyebrows are now raised. "Our girl's girlfriends are also our girls. Megan and Becky both deserve happiness, and if you think otherwise, then you should stand up now and join Ashlyn and freaking Stanford. Anyone ?"

The room falls into silence, as nobody is getting up. 

*

When Julie goes on the hospital's roof, she finds Maro, cigarette in hand, lost in her thoughts. So obviously hasn't noticed the defender, who is frowning : with her hair down and t-shirt showing all her tattoos, the German indeed looks attractive, Julie knows it. She is even more attractive when you know each and every tattoo has a special meaning regarding her life that isn't so common.