30

Shelina pukes. 

Right beside her is Hope, staring at the hole in front of her, shaking. When Shelina fainted, the goalie just remained still, until carrying her protégé to the place she wanted to bring her. Ever since the defender has woken up - about thirty seconds later - Hope as just been standing still, avoiding the other girl's gaze. 

The Canadian shakes her head, in disbelief. 

"Is this..." she starts. 

Her finger is pointing at the hole in front of them, because she can distinguish a shadow on the bottom of it. The brunette slowly shakes her head, as she wants to puke again because of the strong smell. Hope nods, not ready to talk right now. And this gives Shelina a confirmation : there indeed is a human body on that hole.  

As Shelina is panicking, Hope says those words out loud : 

"Christie Rampone, yes."

The defender slowly shakes her head no. 

"D-did you...?"

That question immediately makes Hope tensing up. When the taller girl look at her, Shelina just swallows her saliva, and hurts because her throat is so sore. 

"No, I found her dead at my apartment."

"Woah, that's..."

"That's why I need your help : someone is framing me, and I can't do down for something I didn't do. I-I don't want to end up my life in jail, Shel." 

The defender shakes her head. 

"B-but, I c-can't, I-"

"Please." Hope instates, before grabbing Shelina's shoulders as she is looking too intensively at the corpse in front of her. "I know I've not been the role model you've been looking for, but it doesn't take back the fact that I saved you. I'm in trouble, Shel. In very deep trouble. And I need you... Just the way you needed me two years ago."

The tears are growing in Shelina's eyes : she knows Hope is not wrong. Especially since she didn't do it. 

"Fine" the defender whispers, closing her eyes. She certainly doesn't want to see her former captain's body. "What do you need me to do ?" 

"As for now, I'll ask the boys to bury the body. Then, I'll need a nerd."

"A-a n-nerd ?"

"Someone good in informatics."

Shelina shakes her head : if Becky one day finds out she is helping her biggest enemy, she will leave her. There is no doubt about that. On the other hand, if she doesn't help Hope, she knows something bad will happen to her girlfriend. And the only fact that she is still locked in Shelina's apartment is enough to make her worry. 

The defender nods. 

"O-okay. D-do we know how she d-died ?"

"Gun shot."

"H-how can you b-be so c-calm right now?" Shelina stammers, starting to panic, as tears invade her eyes. "S-she's d-dead, H-Hope... She..."

The goalkeeper grabs the Canadian's shoulders, forcing Shelina to look at her. Something in the way Hope's eyes are calmly looking at her, telling her that everything would be okay, kind of calms Shelina down.