20

The storm is here.

Blinded by rage, Becky energetically walks in circle in the middle of a silent room. Her teammates are looking down, except for Kelley and Ash.

"How could they have one of them beaten up ?" The captain explains, out of her mind.

Even though those last few weeks have been quite good in terms of games, it has been the worse weeks of Becky's life. First of all, she still is battling her injuries. Second, she hasn't seen Shelina or even heard about her until now. And finally, she knows something big will happen.

Ash shakes her head.

"Why do we care ?" Kelley asks, raising hr eyebrows. "It's not like one of us has been beaten up Becks."

"Well, not just beaten up" Tobin says, frowning. "That girl is in the emergency room. They broke her arm and got her a concussion." she then settles, as her teammates are looking at her, in shock.

"Wait" Allie says, confused. "Why would they break one of their best player's arm before the Final Four ?"

Her question makes sense, but Becky doesn't even hear it. She is dying in then inside.

They hurt Shelina this time. And this is all my fault.

Those words have been running into Becky's mind since she got here and heard the news. Someone told them about us. There is no other explanation. She shakes her head, as the tears are growing in her eyes.

Kelley frowns.

"The most important question right now is why is Becky crying" she settled, her arms crossed against her chest.

Before the captain can say anything, Ashlyn is the one saying in a harsh voice :

"Because she is in love with that Zadorsky girl".

Becky's world falls apart.

All her teammates are looking at her, in shock, just waiting for her to deny it. She sees Kelley's deception, Allie's concern, the way Tobin's eyes have become darker. All the rookies have their hands on their mouths and, most importantly, Ash has her jaw set.

That's when it strikes Becky. Kopmeyer would never have done that to her best friend. She would never have betrayed her. The blood is running in her veins faster, as she stops crying.

She then says :

"You told them."

If there is one thing the girls all understand, it's that something in Becky's voice has changed. The usually so calm and collected captain is boiling in the inside, as the goalkeeper stares at her, confident. The small smile she has on her lips confirms Becky's thinking, but the captain needs to say it.

She needs to elaborate.

"You told them knowing very well that they would do that to Shelina. You knew she meant the world to me and still, you sold her health so that they'd lose their key defender. You did that. You hurt her."