4

Steph wakes up early today. It's gonna be a first. 

Cuddling by her side is her girlfriend, still asleep. After looking around her to find a watch, Steph realizes it's already 8:30, which means that classes start in less than an hour. After sighing, she starts caressing Abby's back in order to wake her up. She doesn't need to say anything though, because when the blonde realizes what time it is, she jumps out of the bed. Steph, who never has been concerned about getting to classes on time, just watch her while she still can, before clothes are hiding her body. 

After a few minutes, the defender turns around and gives her a reproaching look. 

"Babe, you gotta hurry" she says, rolling her eyes. 

"Mmh" is all Steph says before getting up. 

Let's be clear : she is not getting up to be on time, but only to be able to go with Abby and spend a little more time with her. As her girlfriend is putting some makeup on in the bathroom, Steph checks her phone and immediately smirks : Gibby sent her a text, saying : yo, i'm lost, where r u steph ? That makes the forward smirk, but also lock her screen up : she doesn't want Abby to think she is hurrying for her new roommate. 

Because as much as Steph is jealous, Abby also is, deep inside of her. 

Once Abby is done with her makeup, she walks toward Steph, and before the brunette can open the door, she softly kisses her lips, before winking. 

"Come on" Abby then says, grabbing her girl's hand. 

After closing her apartment's door - Abby lives five minutes away from campus in a loft Steph basically lives in - they start walking. They talked about soccer, the newbies, the team in general.. and after all that, Abby starts wondering something : 

"I don't know if you've been told, but two girls from Stanford came by at Ash's party last night, and basically threatened us." 

Steph frowns. 

"Yeah, Kelsey told me. What do they think they can achieve ?"

"I don't know, they're stupid." Abby says, looking down. 

The forward, who can feel something is saddening her girlfriend, lets go of her hand to wrap her arm around Abby's waist. The blonde sighs, before Steph carefully asks : 

"Babe, what is it ?"

Abby's eyes go darker. She then shakes her head and says : 

"Sometimes I'm just wondering why Sam decided to go there." When she sees Steph's facial expression change, she sets her jaw : she knows how disappointed her girlfriend has been in Samantha Mewis. They were best friends, and now they're just enemies. Abby sighs. "I didn't mean to upset you baby, I'm sorry."

"Samantha is dead to me" Steph coldly says, pulling Abby closer to her. "And she should be to you too." 

"She was my best friend, Stephanie. I'm sorry if I can't just turn the page on her like that. I need to talk to her, just the two of us." the defender insists. 

Of course the forward wouldn't like that idea. Nevertheless, she says : 

"You're a free woman, babe : do whatever you want. But I am never going near her again."

"Thanks for understanding. Love you."

With that said, Abby pecks Steph's lips, before something drawn her attention.