Chapter twenty five- Lora's POV

You know how your parents tell you not to play with things you don't understand? My parents never told me that. I thought I could work the machine, I was wrong.

What machine? The machine in Sans' "secret" (I've know where it was for years) lab. Now here I am with a small child in an unknown AU.

"Lora, what did you do?" Playball asked me.

"Something dumb, something very, very dumb." I told him honestly.

"Do you know how to fix this mess?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Come on, let's go." All I needed to do was find the Sans of this AU and convince him to help us go home. Such in reality was going to be much harder than I realized.

We saw a Flowey. I stood in front of Playball. I realized that this Flowey was crying. His back (Do I call it that?) was facing us.

"Flowey?" I called out.

"Huh?" He spun around, "How do you know my name?" He noticed Playball, he suddenly looked terrified.

"Me and my cousin here are from a different universe. We just need to get back home. What universe are we in?" I told him. He seemed to calm down and wasn't scared anymore.

"You're in Underfell. All the monsters in this universe are cruel. I mistakened you for Sans which, is why I looked scared." Flowey explained.

"He's my uncle, what about it?" Playball asked.

"Well, you don't want to run into either of the skeleton brothers, they are terrifying. If you want I can guide you around." Flowey offered.

"Yes, that would be wonderful! Here wrap around my arm." I stretched my arm near him and got down on my knees so he could reach it.

"I need dirt though." He said.

"Oh, give me a second." I used my magic to lift up the dirt Flowey was in and, I put him and the dirt in jar I had. (I got the jar from Snowflare it originally had some sweets she made in it) "There, all set. Let's go. Which direction?"

"How'd you do that, you're human?" He asked me.

"I'm a sorceress, a human with magic. Oh yeah I'm Lora and he's Playball. Now, which way? I want to get back before his dad kills his uncle for having that machine so easy to get to." I explained.

"That way." Flowey said pointing his little leaf at the corridor.

I started walking in that direction and Playball followed behind. He could tell this wasn't a time for puns, so, he was being quiet.

"Hello my children, I'll show you around the ruins. My name is Toriel." I love goatmom but this Toriel had an unsettling presence around her.

"Miss Toriel how do I get out of the ruins?" I asked.

"What do you mean? Leave the ruins? That's not possible. I have something I have to do." She walked away quickly.

"Follow her." Flowey advised me. Playball and me had to run to keep up.

~Time skip to after the running is done brought to you by pocky~

We were in the basement and Toriel looked like she was mad at us.

"Do you want to leave that badly? At the cost of your own lives? Well then, I'll give you a painless death!" Toriel pulled me into a fight. I used my turn to give Flowey to Playball.

She launched fire attack upon fire attack at me. I just summoned a small magical barrier none of the attacks broke my barrier. She flinched when she saw my magical barrier.

"So your the daughter of one of the bitches who sealed us underground? Well then, I won't have to go easy on you." Her expression turned to one of pure malice. It hurt me to have Toriel looking at me like that even, if it wasn't the one I know.

I checked her stats.
Toriel
80 HP
She thinks she's doing what's best for you.

Well at least I won't have to worry about killing her on accident. I can attack her until her HP is low and then, I'll see if I can't talk some sense into her.

I used magic to deflect her attacks again. Then I attacked with magical tridents, my only offensive attack I didn't learn from my teachers. I summoned five and threw them at her. One grazed her arm she dodged the rest.

She attacked me again, once again none broke my barrier. I threw more tridents. This went on for a while. Then she surrounded me completely with fire and wouldn't let up. She broke my barrier and my HP dropped to 1.

"Lora!" Flowey screamed as Playball called out:

"Are you okay?"

I began to use healing magic but Toriel attacked before I could heal to full HP. She knocked me down and was about to strike me when I called out:

"Chara and Asriel! I know about them!" She hesitated.

"What do you know about my children?" She demanded.

"I know that you loved them and miss them. I also know that they wouldn't want you to kill me. Now, would they?" I asked.

"No but, don't you see I just want to give you a painless death. If you continue the others will make you suffer. This is merciful, don't you see that?" She asked as tears rolled down her cheeks, "I don't want anyone else to suffer a slow and painful death as my children had to. I just want to give you mercy!" She was on her knees now.

I walked over and hugged her. "But, if you let me live they will be proud of you. Don't you want that?" I asked.

"Yes, t-thank you my child. Please don't come back. You remind me of Chara, you're just as kind as them. Good luck, I hope you make it back home alright." She hugged me.

"I'll try. Thanks, you're doing the right thing." I told her. She got up and walked away. I healed my HP to full.

"That was amazing! She's killed the six humans that fell down without hesitation. Lora, mo- I mean Toriel-" I cut him off.

"I know you're Asriel you don't have to pretend." I smiled encouragingly.

"Oh. Mom was right, you're a lot like Chara. They also warmed the hearts of monsters. Before they fell monsters were completely evil even, myself. But, they changed that, while they were alive monsters were kind and caring. When they died..... monsters grew even crueler. I think you can inspire them to be kind again." Flowey was crying, "Please, do all you can for them!" He begged me.

"Okay but first, Chara I know you're here. Come out, your brother would like to see you." I called looking at Chara's soul.