chapter sixteen-dumb decisions

Lora's POV

Sans walked out of his house and saw me and Snowflare. He looked at us with a sympathetic expression.

"Hey kiddos, how are you holding up?" He didn't even try to cheer us up. Puns can't bring the dead back to life.

"It's my fault. If I would have teleported instead of ran, I could of-I could of." I burst in to tears.
Snowflare stroked my back and hugged me tightly trying to cheer me up. She couldn't do much else.

"Look, it's not your fault it's that human's fault if they show their face again-" I wasn't in a tolerable mood so I despised his lies.

"Their name is Chara and that is all I know about them. But I can tell you know more." I told him.

"Kiddo I don't-" I really wasn't dealing with being lied to right then. I didn't care if there was a good reason.

"Sans I know you're lying and I'm not in the mood to be lied to! So tell me what you know about them!" I screamed. Both Sans and Snowflare were startled by my out burst but at the time I didn't care.

Sans' left started glowing blue, "Fine Lora, I'll tell you what I know. Are you aware of time lines or has Frisk not told you?" He asked me in a serious voice, he normal sounded like he couldn't care less.

"Snowflare please go, this isn't going to be a positive conversation." I asked her.

Her arms tightened around me, "No! Kid was my friend too, I want to know who killed him." She said firmly.

I sighed and broke her hug. I walked over to Sans. He grabbed my hand and teleported us away.

We were in his workshop.

"So did she tell you?" He asked me again.

"Yes, she also said she wasn't the only one with the ability to 'reset'. That Flowey used to be able to and another fallen human. She wouldn't tell me about the human." I told him without emotion.

"Chara was the first fallen human. It's not my place to talk about what they were like when they were alive but they weren't a killer. They were Asriel's adopted sibling. After Frisk fell down, the first time before the resets, Chara possessed her. They killed everyone who stood in their way. They killed those who didn't as well." His eye was now a blue flame.

"When they made it to the hall before the throne room I stepped out. I fought them and killed them. They reset. I killed them over and over and over again. They always came back. Finally they survived long enough to make it to my special attack. Which you've seen before while training with me." He took a breath before continuing.

"Frisk managed to gain enough control during Chara's screaming to do a true reset. After that Frisk stayed in control. She didn't even hurt the weed. She apologized to me when we 'met' in the woods. She didn't hurt anyone. She was kind and honest with everyone." He was smiling by the end of it.

"Chara Dreemurr has a soul. They aren't even really a ghost at this point, they are a soul without a body. They have a soul so they have emotions. I don't care how far they have distanced themself from their emotions. I will make them see how much pain that have caused. I will make her a good person. I swear it over my sister's grave." I promised.

"Kid look, Frisk tried to talk to them, she tried to make her see. What do you have that she didn't?" Sans asked me.

"The ability to see souls. And I'm much more stubborn than she is. I never, I mean never give up." I told him with a smile.

"Dad and Alph thought you would lose that ability when they returned your sight. Wait, they did return your sight right?" He asked.

"Yep, I can see actual objects and stuff. But I can still see souls. I'll prove it. Think of a number, any number." I told him.

"Kay.....got it." He said. I used his soul to read his thoughts.

"Infinity." I told him.

"Okay, how many fingers am I holding up." He pointed three fingers down.

"Well technically none. You're pointing three fingers towards the ground though." I told him.

"Hmm, I'll have to tell dad. Kid don't do any thing dumb with out telling any one." He told me.

"Kay." I said.

He grabbed my shoulders, "No seriously, promise me you won't." His eye sockets were black.

"I promise over my sister's grave I won't do anything dumb without telling someone." I said.

~time skip brought by all my wonderful viewers~

"Hey Snowflare I'm going to do something dumb do you want to come with me?" I wasn't breaking my promise. I told someone.

"If you're doing something dumb I'm definitely coming with you." She said.

"Oh yeah I can see now. The royal scientists did something and I can see now." I told her.

"OMG! That's great!" She squealed.

"I have to say I would have told you I liked you first if I had seen how beautiful you are." I was pretty bad at flirting but I still tried.

"I love you soooo much." She hugged me.

"Anyway I'll tell my mom I'm spending the night at your house and you tell your mom you're spending the night at my house. Then we meet back up here." I told her the plan.

"Why are we doing this again?" She asked me.

"I'll tell you on the way. Make sure to pack everything you would need for a sleepover though. We need it to look believable." I reminded her.

"Kay." She ran towards her house.

I teleported to my house. When I walked in I saw my favorite couple cuddling.

"Hey mom and dad." I always called Azzy dad but he still hated it.

"What happened at the lab?" Mom asked while she smiled teasingly at Azzy causing him to blush more.

"I can see now!" I announced.

"That's great Lora!" Mom exclaimed.

"Anyway, can I spend the night at Snowflare's?" I asked.

"Fine, but no messing around." She told me.

"What does 'messing around' mean?" I honestly didn't know.

"Sex." Mom answered, still confusing me.

"What does that mean?" Azzy's eyes went wide and mom looked at me with this weird expression.

"Never mind. Have fun." Mom said.

"Kay!" I ran up to my room and packed my things. I then went back down stairs and said bye to them.

"You ready Snowflare?" I asked her once I teleported back.

"Yeah. Let's go." She said.

A/N: Sorry I forgot to publish two last week. I'll publish two this week.