Chapter two-escaping the void?

A/N Merry Christmas here's my present to you
"What's the void?" Lora asked.
"Right now we are in the void. It tries to consume anyone who falls into the core. It will try again you know." Gaster explained.
"It was unbearable. I was about to bite and scratch myself so it would stop." Lora admitted. She started crying at the memory. "I almost killed myself over some pain. I almost broke my promise to Lera." She cried, overwhelmed with guilt. She fell to the ground.
Shhhh it's okay, it's okay. The important thing is you didn't." Gaster Sat next to her and hugged her while he spoke.
"Yeah *sniff* your right." Lora said wiping the tears away. "Thanks"
     "No problem." He was glad he could help.
     "Is this place like this"she gestured all around her"everywhere?" She asked.
     "Well for the most part yes I mean, I built a house over there." He pointed behind her.
     "Let's go there!" She exclaimed happily, no trace of her break down she just had. She skipped in the direction he had pointed to. Gaster thought about how cheerful she was, he smiled and walked behind her.
"I like this place. It's cozy." Lora said when she enter his home.
     "It's not much but make your self at home." Gaster smiled at her.
     "I really like it. I'd never be able to make something like this."Lora said. He could tell she wanted to say something.
"What is it Lora?" Gaster asked.
"I didn't mean to make you worry. Do you know how to get out of here?" Lora asked sweetly.
"I'm using magic science to try to devise a way." Gaster responded.
"Can I help?" She asked.
"I think it might be too hard for you to understand." Gaster explained.
"Please let me study your notes." Lora asked very sweetly.
"I don't see why not." He walked over to a desk and picked up a notebook "here" he said as he handed it to her.
"If you have a blank notebook I can teach myself."Lora explained. He smiled at her and ruffled her hair. He walked over to a drawer and pulled out a small wooden box and a notebook. He handed both to her. He didn't really believe a little girl could teacher herself science this advanced, but it'd keep her busy and she'd feel like she was helping.
She sat on the couch and started working, the box had pencils and an eraser. She hummed while she worked. Gaster looked over and smiled, he started making dinner. He hummed the same tune he was while cooking. He called her over when dinner was ready. She put the books down and came to the table.
"Thank you for dinner." She asked as she sat down.
"No problem, spaghetti was always my younger son's favorite." Gaster smiled sadly.
"I'm not going to force you to tell me, but what happened?" She asked.
"Oh, both of my sons are fine I just miss them. Also the void's magic made them forget about me. But I know that if I return they will eventually remember me." He was smiling nostalgically.
"Thanks for telling me in return I'll tell you more about my parents. Their names were Jolin (j-ō-l-in), and Leah. I hate my mom and dad. They would always abuse me and and Lera. Lera was my identical twin sister. She was too sweet for this world but unlike me she was born without magic. She died last week so I ran away from home. She wanted me to live for her she wanted me to be happy.'Be twice as happy, twice as kind, twice as playful, experience twice as much of everything for me. Please do not grieve for me I'm always with you, I always will be. I'm not leaving you I never will so don't cry. Leave mom and dad for me.' She said. So I did." Lora stated to cry. Gaster hugged her and tried to calm her down.
     "It's like Lera said she's still here she's in your heart. She always will be so don't cry."
     "I sorry I keep crying and you have to comfort me." Lora apologized.
     "Its quiche alright." Gaster replied as he brought their dessert which were quiches to the table. Lora burst out laughing. Her laughter was adorable more like giggling really.
     "Thanks for the pun and dessert." She giggled.
     "It's no parsley." He winked. She fell out of her chair laughing. After she managed to calm down Lora ate her quiche and continued studying. Gaster cleaned all the dishes while thinking.
     "She likes my bad puns, is intrigued by science, and likes quiches. She reminds me so much of Sans. I really do miss him and Papyrus. But really her bright smile, laugh, and overwhelming positivity remind me of my wife, z̸o̸r̸r̸o̸, I miss her." Gaster thought to himself.
     He peeked over Lora's shoulder as he walked past. It took everything within him not to gasp. She had gotten through about ten pages of his notebook and her notes looked accurate.
     "Hey Gaster. Can check if this is correct?" She handed him her notebook. He went through it and all her notes were correct.
     "So... is it correct?" Lora asked. Gaster was in so much shock all he could do is nod as he handed it back to her.
     "How old are you?" He asked once he had calmed enough to talk.
     "I'm eight years old." Lora replied.
     "Hey, its 9:00. Its way pasta your bed time." He said as he guided her to her new room.
     "I just wanted to thank you for kind you've been to me." Lora bowed her head then went inside her room.
     Her room had plain wood walls and a simple purple carpet. There was a bed with cream colored covers. Besides that there was a bed side table with a few shelfs built into it.
     She went to sleep as soon as her body hit the bed.
     "I'm done!" Lora exclaimed. It had been two months since they met. Lora had just finished teaching her self from Gaster's notes.
     "I'm just amazed how can a little girl comprehend such complicated science? Well there's no point in asking since you don't know." Gaster said.
     "There's something I want to ask you." Lora fidgeted nervously.
     "What is it?" Gaster asked concerned. She hadn't been nervous once since she got here and now she obviously was.