Chapter Twenty-Nine

En başından başla

Coolly he stared at her, "You test me at every turn."

Ebony quickly shook her head, she tried to remain calm and not cower like he wanted her to do; she'd been busy running his errands and taking care of Kayo.  Plus Kayo liked the teachers and her fellow students. Tilting her chin she relied on the fact that he wouldn't kill his pawn that he'd just sat on the council, "I do not wish to move Kayo."

Jacob snickered at her as she dared to defy him, "You've obviously lost what little mind I gave you credit for."  He watched her lips set defiantly and smiled at her as he leaned towards her more.

Blinding pressure started to form in Ebony's head as she stared into his eyes.  It started gradually but soon it increased until it felt like he was trying to drag her brain out through the follicles of her hair.   Reaching a hand out to support herself, from buckling to the floor, she laid a hand against his chest. She moaned in pain, she'd do anything to make him stop the pain that he seemed to take a perverse pleasure in inflicting on her.

"Stop please," she whimpered as the pain became more intense blinding her.  She raised a shaky hand to her nose as she felt something trickling out and realized, though she could barely see it, that it was blood.  "Jacob," she groaned hoping he'd realize he was making her nose bleed.

Smirking, Jacob stared at her satisfied, "Never defy me?"  Brushing her hand off his chest he pulled back from examining the block in her head, "I can and will do whatever I want and if you ever again try to tell me what you will withhold I will make you regret it every day of your life.  And that's if I decide to let you live."

Ebony mind went completely blank as she stared at him.  The pain was ebbing away but he'd enforced that he was an unfeeling cucuy. "Does that mean I am allowed to follow your lead," she asked.

Grabbing her by the nape of the neck he angrily tilted her head back, "Do not test me Ebony."

Ebony blinked slowly as she tried to focus on his face, the grip he had on the back of her head tightened as she remained quiet.  Clearing her mind of all thought she blinked again and removed all emotions and thoughts from her face.  "My apologies, Lord Jacob."

Shaking her head as his nails bit into her scalp he growled, "I told you not to call me Lord Jacob.  Jacob is fine."

Sighing she finally focused on his face, "Wouldn't calling you Jacob mean that you see me as an equal or as someone who you respect and like?  Someone you consider a friend at the very least? "

Jacob stared at her uncomprehending the point she was trying to make, "You will call me that because I told you to." 

Ebony heaved a deep breath her breast pressed into his chest, "It appears I am to do any and everything to please you.  I find it odd that here you wish -."

Releasing his grip he stepped away, "I do not want nor do I need a paramour."

Nodding she wiped the blood from under nose as she looked away from him, "I wasn't going to say that."

Jacob grabbed her tightly and started to drag her toward their sleeping are, "You will perform your duties."

Ebony didn't respond as she was half dragged/half propelled onto the oversized bed in the middle of the room.  Crawling backwards she edged away from Jacob as he stared at her with a feverish look in his eyes.  "Umm," she began only to feel herself dragged under his body.

Staring down at her he smirked, "Did you ever wonder what it feels like when you're on the threshold of death?"

Shaking her head vigorously a wave of distress hit her so hard she thought she'd vomit.  As she formed the words to beg him for mercy she watched petrified as he opened his mouth and showed her his incisors.