Chapter Sixteen

Sleeping and eating.

Eating then sleeping.

That is what my schedule has been for the past few weeks. I can literally get eight hours of sleep and still be tired. I could eat a full course meal and still be hungry and let's not even get on the few pounds I have gain in a short amount of time. I think I am stress out because finals are right around the corner. I always become a bit of an emotional eater when it's time for my finals. Shit is aggravating but I guess that is how my body response.

Shawn keeps joking about how he's been helping me with the weight gain. Saying being "pipe down" will do that to me. We don't have sex like some addicts but we do, do it often and I can admit that I enjoy having sex. Well I enjoy having sex with Shawn and he has been teaching me everything he knows. While I'm sitting here just day dreaming about sex with Shawn I damn near came from the flashbacks I was having.

"Beyoncé I know you heard me call your name" I look up from my computer to see Nicki at my door with her hand on her hip.

"Girl I have been standing here calling your name for like 3 minutes. What the hell you doing on your computer?" she walked farther into my room and sat down on my bed.

"Nothing I was studying these lectures" I was telling half of the truth; before I started day dreaming about Shawn I was studying my history lectures.

"Well I'm bored and have nothing to do. I have been studying for the past hour and I am tired of it. Let's do something."

"What do you have in mind?"

"You remember that soul food place your mother took us?" I nodded my head in remembrance

"well I wanna go there."

"Alright let me grab my shoes."

It was only three o'clock on a Thursday so the restaurant shouldn't be packed at all.

When I tell you I am about to tear down on this food right here. I haven't had soul food in so long.

My mother isn't home like that anymore so I can't pop up on her to cook for me and my father is always busy with the restaurant so I can't get him to cook for me either. Somebody else cooking has to do the substitution.

"Girl I am about to gain ten pounds from just staring at my food" Nicki said.

"Who you telling from everything I eat I been gaining weight"

We were digging in our food when all of a sudden my phone rang. Looking at the LCD Shawn's picture pop up. My mouth immediately went into a smile.

"Hi baby" Nicki playfully rolled her eyes at me.

"What you doing ma"

"Sitting here at this soul food place with Nicki, why?"

I heard him say something to whoever in his background before he gave me his attention.