Chapter 29 (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"We knew that, but we didn't care at the time."

"Don't worry about it." Kristie said. "A few cups of coffee should have you going."

I showered and got ready while Veronica and Kristie waited for me downstairs. I hope everything goes perfectly today. We've worked hard to pull this wedding together in only a couple of months.

Once I was dressed in sweats and a tank top, I headed back downstairs. I found a cup of coffee waiting for me.

"Drink up quick, we have to get going soon."

"Kristie, where are Alyssa and Darren?" I asked her, just realizing that she doesn't have the kids with her.

"Don't worry, Joey is taking care of them."

"Are you sure he can handle both of them alone?"

"He offered so I could help you out today, so I guess."

I have a feeling that Joey wants the practice for when he and Kristie have kids. I know he's ready but Kristie is making him wait for marriage and kids, and I don't blame her. She's only 19. She still has a whole life ahead of her. I'm 19, a mother of four, and not a clue what to do with my life.

After 3 cups of coffee, we headed to the venue where I am to get married. Drake and I decided on an open park. We didn't want to be confined to a building where it may get cramped and stuffy.

Kristie found a parking space facing the park. I saw the alter that was covered in white flowers. The lines of chairs were connected by white sashes. A few feet away, there were tents set up for shade and large round tables beneath them. I could still see people setting up.

"Is my dress here already?" I asked.

"My mom brought it over a little while ago. She's waiting for us."

We climbed out of the car and headed over to the park. I followed Kristie to a large, closed in tent. We went inside and I found Ms. Burton sitting in a chair scrolling through her phone. My dress hung on a makeshift clothes rack along with the bridesmaid dresses. A vanity was set up and held a bunch of hair and makeup supplies on it.

"Are you read to get dolled up?" Ms. Burton asked me. I nodded.

I sat in the chair and Veronica started on my hair. I'm getting an up do so that my face will show more. I just hope my makeup looks good.

Drake's P.O.V*

I woke to loud banging at my door. I reluctantly woke up and went to open the door.

"Get up." Veronica said. "It's your fault you stayed up late last night. Get up and get ready."

Veronica left and I closed the door. It's ridiculous how tired I am. I need caffeine if this day is going to get anywhere.

I went downstairs and made me a cup of coffee. Veronica and my mom were sitting in the kitchen talking.

"How are you feeling?" My mom asked me.

"Tired, but that's nothing coffee can't fix."

After a few cups off coffee, I got ready for the day. I showered and dressed in sweats and a t-shirt. I went back downstairs and found that Veronica had left to get Hayden.

"Let's head out." My mom said, grabbing her car keys.

She drove us to the park where the wedding and reception will be held. When we arrived, they were setting up the tables beneath the tents.

"I'm going to wait in Hayden's tent. You go get ready." My mom said.

We got out of the car and I went to my tent while my mom went to Hayden's. I found my tux hanging on a makeshift clothes rack along with the tuxes of the groomsmen.

I sat in the nearby chair and stared in the mirror of the vanity against the wall of the tent. I looked at my messy hair and tired eyes. How am I supposed to pull myself together in an hour and look decent? I don't want to ruin this day for Hayden because off how I look.

The door to my tent opened and Ashton walked in with Joey. Ashton held Darren in his arms while Joey held Alyssa.

"Sorry we're late." Ashton said. "Joey had to give Fiona and me a ride, and of course Fiona took forever to get ready.

"It's fine." I told them. "I just got here myself."

"Are you alright?" Joey asked me. "You seem like you're out of it."

"I'm just a little tired." I answered. "Uh, Alyssa has to go next door. Hayden has her dress."

Joey went next door to drop off Alyssa. I grabbed Ashton's tux and handed it to him.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Ashton asked me, taking the tux and handing Darren to me.

"I'm guess I'm nervous. The entire time we were preparing for this wedding, I wasn't really interested. I'm mainly doing this for Hayden. But now that the day is actually here, I'm nervous. I don't want anything to go wrong today."

I placed Darren on the floor so I could get changed. I grabbed my tux from the rack.

"You're holding up better than I did. I remember I was a nervous wreck on my wedding day. I thought for sure she'd either leave me standing at the alter, or I would screw something up. But in the end everything went as planned. I'm sure the same thing will happen with yours."

************************************************************************************************************************

I wanted to finish this chapter for you guys today, but it's after midnight and I have school in the morning. You guys have been waiting a while for this so I figured I'd give you something until I'm finished. This is the last chapter and then there will be an epilogue. This story went quickly in my opinion. But anyway, please comment, vote, and/or fan (follow). Thanks!! ;-)

P.S. Please check out my new story, My Perfect Mistake.