Chapter 11

"Mixed emotions."

Astrid's P.O.V

Darkness had already invaded the street; the cold air it brought with it was almost indescribable. I checked the time: 10:00 pm. So, I still had an hour before I had to be home. As I was only wearing a dress, I was freezing but, I wouldn't take Carter's jacket, which resulted in him wrapping his arms around me. He wouldn't remove them when I told him to with the excuse.' ..

"Don't worry. We're almost back at my place." He began.

"Thanks for stating the obvious," I commented; his house was in a clear view. He let out a soft chuckle; his laugh was pretty cute but, don't tell anyone I think that.

"My mother is back!" He said with a smile. I pulled from his grasp. There's no way that I'm meeting her. Plus, Carter barely gets to see her so, he should get to spend some time with his Mom.

"No, come on, I want you to meet her, she'll love you." He continued while pulling on my arm.

"You barely get to see her. You're always around me; you need some time away from me-" I started.

"Yeah, I know. Being around you makes me insane, but you have to. It might convince her to stay here longer before she decides to move again." He continued. It was honestly a horrible idea, hasn't he made friends with people where he used to live? I don't see how I was so special but, when I was gazing into his stunning blue orbs, it was almost impossible to say no. I let out a sigh, which resulted in him smiling; he knew that he won this argument.

"Okay but, I have to get home before eleven so, I won't stay long."

------------------

I stepped through the entrance to his house like I had numerous times before. I was shaking. I was so nervous but, I passed it off as being cold. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath; I'm not one for making good impressions on people.

I opened my eyes and gazed across the room. She was sitting at a chair in the kitchen on the phone. When I saw her, only one thought kept circling my mind 'You've got to be kidding me.' She's absolutely stunning... Well, how could I expect any less; Carter is gorgeous as well. When she saw us, her eyes bulged, and a huge flawless smile appeared on her face.

"I'm sorry I'll have to call you back. Talk soon, Vincent, bye." She quickly spoke into the phone before hanging up.

---------Carter's P.O.V---------

Just by looking at Astrid, I could tell that she was very nervous; it was absolutely adorable. If she knew my mother at all, she wouldn't even be scared.

"Carter! I've missed you!" She said while wrapping her arms around me and pulling me into a hug. She did the same to Astrid, which I can tell made her calm down a bit.

"Where did you find this stunner?" She questioned. Astrid's cheeks flushed; why did everything about her have to make me smile?

"Do you think she'd be interested in-" My mom began.

"No," I answered quickly. I already knew what she was going to ask. A confused look crawled onto Astrid's face.

"Well, my mom is a photographer. We move all the time because she takes photos of models all over the world." I quickly answered.

"And, I was wondering if you'd be interested in taking a few photos." My mother added. Astrid looked as if she didn't believe it but, I don't see how she could be so shocked. I would tell her she's beautiful every ten minutes if she wouldn't get mad at me for saying it.

-------------------------

"Goodbye, Astrid," I said as I dropped her off at her place. She shyly waved at me. I wrapped my arms around her. She fit perfectly into my embrace. After a few seconds, I let her go.