Chapter 8

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Astrid's P.O.V

"Your total is 19.50$." The cashier's voice rang. I handed her a twenty with a harsh fold in the middle; it had obviously been used many times.

"Keep the change," I ordered as she handed me the bag full of candy and chocolate. Yeah, I know, the world's biggest fat ass award goes to me. As I headed for the door, my shoulder collided with someone. It knocked me off my balance. Luckily, I caught myself before I was about to fall.

"I'm so sorry!" I heard someone quickly say. Just the tone of the voice, how caring and comforting it sounded, how the apology sounded so sincere. It was so obvious who it was. Carter.

"Are you oka-? Astrid?" He continued. I didn't want to see anyone at this point. Right now, it was one of those days where you wear yoga pants and make no effort whatsoever on your appearance. I have to look terrible.

"Yeah..." I started.

"Well, I wasn't expecting to see you but, do you want to hang out or something?" He questioned. I couldn't even look in his beautiful blue orbs.

"I have a bag of candy and Tumblr. I don't think you can stop it." I stated before I tried to walk out of the door. Of course, Carter being the butt wipe he is, he just had to step in front of me and try to convince me differently.

"Your followers can wait." He protested. I let out a soft sigh and looked up.

"You're trying to change my mind, Daniels." I pointed out.

"Is it working?" He inquired. I looked up again; I don't know why I do that. It's not like the answer is written on the ceiling. I gazed back at him. I grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the door.

"If I lose followers, it's on you," I whispered.

"So, it's a yes?" He asked.

"Yeah." And with that, he picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and walked away from the convenience store where I had at least spent $500 on candy in my lifetime.

"Carter! Put me down!" I ordered.

"Hm, what's that? I can't hear you!" He shouted as he ran towards his car. Well, at least he's mature about this predicament.

"Ugh, you are so annoying..." I whispered.

"What? I still can't hear you!" He continued.

"Carter Daniels!" I shouted. He took me off of his shoulders and now carried me bridal style so that we were looking straight into each other's eyes.

"I know you did not just call me by my full name..."

"I didn't. But I can." I pointed out. He raised an eyebrow.

"Carter James Daniels," I stated.

"How dare you?" He joked.

"Okay, I'm a total fat ass; put me down before I break your arms or something," I warned him. Some of you may think that I am fishing for compliments when I say things like that, but I genuinely am not. It's not a good thing to have zero self-confidence whatsoever. I hate compliments. I can't stand them because I think that the other person is lying to me.

"Bull shit!" He shouted. I wanted this conversation to be over. I wanted him to put me down.

"Don't lie to me. Just put me down." I told him.

"You want me to put you down?" He questioned.

"Um, yeah. I thought I made that evident like five minutes ago!"