75

Amelia's party went fantastically, I was so grateful when everyone decided to be civil with each other and at one point I even saw Lachlan smiling and laughing as he talked with Vik and JJ.

It was now around midnight and Amelia and Logan were in their beds in the spare room and everyone had left except for the sidemen and some of their girlfriends, both Cal's, Sarah, and then Lachlan.

He had at first suggested and was ready to leave with the rest of the guest but Simon stepped forward and invited him to stay, there was always an extra bed or blow up mattress around for him to sleep on if he wanted.

Lachlan nervously accepted Simon's offer and for a while everything grew awkward, until JJ started cracking jokes and telling stories about places he's been too, he reminded everyone of the ski trip they once took before I even met Lachlan and for once everything felt right.

I smiled and cuddled up into Simon's side. I noticed Lachlan glance in our direction but almost immediately look away as if he was hurt. I sighed but shook the feeling of guilt that was slowly emerging away, I did not need to feel guilty, tonight would be a happy night where we all reconnected.

Vik and Lachlan were laughing and reminiscing about the old times in the pack, from years ago when they were just announcing their group to the YouTube community. "Damn, I could never forget those times." Lachlan sighed with a slight smile on his face.

The action made me slightly smile as my eyes moved down and hovered over my engagement ring, we were all moving forward in life, and for the most part everyone seemed to be doing okay.

"Wait..." Lachlan spoke which gained our attention, I looked up to notice him already staring at me in confusion, "You have a ring on you're wedding finger, are you-"

"We're engaged." I cut off abruptly as I gestured to myself and Simon, Lachlan pursed his lips but nodded. A heavy tension floated into the room, but it didn't last long as I heard the gently pitter latter of feet coming from behind me, "mommy?" Amelia whimpered, when I turned to look at her it was clear that she had been crying as her eyes were red and stained wet.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked as she walked until she was near enough so I could pull her into my lap and cuddle her. "I had a nightmare again."

I sighed and kissed the top of her head rocking her back and forward, "Do you want me to come up and help you sleep again?" I asked like I always did when she came down to complain about a horrid nightmare, but she merely shook her head before responding, "Can Lachlan help me tonight?"

JJ coughed before standing up, "Well I'm off to bed, peace fam, night 'Melia" he sauntered out of the room and jogged up the stairs.

"Oh uhm, sure honey but only if he wants to okay?" I asked and then glanced to Lachlan who looked like a deer caught in headlights, "I mean sure, what do I do?" He asked nervously as he got up from his seat and walked over to Amelia, picking her up where she wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs we loosely at his chest.

"Either read her a bed time story or just talk to her until she falls asleep, she just needs the company." Simon responded to which Lachlan nodded and we all wished Amelia goodnight before they went upstairs.

"Well hopefully this goes well..."

-----

"Guys I'm gonna check on Lachlan and Amelia, it's been half an hour." I respond as Simon unwraps his arms from me so I can get up, "I'll check on Logan too." I inform Josh and Freya before quickly walking up the stairs and making my way to the spare room.

The door was closed over but not shut completely so, slowly I pushed opened the door to prevent it from making noise and then stood frozen from the sight in front of me making me lightly smile.

Amelia was fast asleep in her bed, her body cuddled up to her new teddy that she got for her birthday today and one hand lightly touching Lachlan's hand which was rested on the bed as he sat there ever so slowly falling asleep.

He turned his head as I moved closer and sat down near him as I gazed at our sleeping daughter, "I didn't know I'd miss so much her life and actually feel so hurt about it." He finally commented quietly for only me to hear.

I frowned glancing at him quickly before returning my gaze to Amelia before I stroked her cheek making her softly smile in her sleep. "She's so beautiful and she looks just like you." He whispered shaking her head in disbelief.

"She has some of your traits too Lachlan, and, if you want you can see her grow up to realise this." I finally managed to speak out as he stared at me in confusing, so I continued, "I'll tell her that you're her biological father when she can understand it better, maybe in a few months, if you're going to be living in Australia I'm sure we can plan something, just so she can see you and vice versa. You've done bad things Lachlan, but after today, after seeing how happy you make her feel and how much you've changed, I can forgive you."

Lachlan stayed quiet for a while, just staring at Amelia in disbelief, "I was planning to move soon, but I would have asked you first if you thought it'd be okay since it's England I'm moving to, I'm not sure where about just yet, but it'll be a lot closer than Australia and, I can help you with Amelia if you ever need it, if you ever need me to baby sit, whether it be because you're going on holiday or that you're on your honeymoon."

I stared at him in shock at those last words, Lachlan looked at me and weakly smiled, "It hurts, to see you move on Scarlett, but I can see that Simon makes you and Amelia happy, and happiness for the both of you is all I want."

Smiling, I thanked Lachlan before moving over and hugging him lightly. When we let go I got up and went to one of the drawers and grabbed a spare blanket and pillow before handing them to Lachlan, "If you want, I can bring a mattress in here?" I suggested, he took the blanket and pillow but kindly denied the offer of the mattress, "Thank you." He tiredly mumbled before placing the pillow down and throwing the blanket over him, his tired eyes already dropping with exhaustion.

With a last check to make sure Logan was okay, I gave one last quick glance over at Amelia and Lachlan before leaving the room and for once smiling at the reality of having Lachlan in our lives once again, in Amelia's life.

I quickly explained to everyone that Lachlan was half asleep in the room when I went in so I decided best not to disturb him and gave him a blanket after making sure he and the kids were okay.

As we all made our way to bed I glanced up at Simon and smiled as I brought his fingers to my lips as I kissed them, there was a new life ahead of us all, just waiting to happen.

A/N

Pretty bad ending and I apologise x

Rachel out :p