25

"Well, Ms. Price, you're lucky, it seems that you only sprained your arm from when you fell on it, you were right to come here straight away, we may need to put a temporary cast on the arm just to protect it from any further harm and help the healing process."

I slowly nodded along to what the doctor was saying, "We will reschedule another appointment for two weeks time and hopefully take the cast off and if it's still in the process of healing put a splint on it instead, does that sound okay?"

"Two weeks? Will it take that long?" I asked in confusion, the doctor nodded, "From the way you fell on your arm you sprained it pretty badly, you may be lucky and come back I'm two weeks and it's fully healed but we'll have to wait until then and as okay?"

"Yes sir." I answered, he nodded and left for a moment to get the right tools needed to make the cast, "Do you want any of your friends in with you for this? Any of them family that you want in?" He asked before starting anything, I shook my head.

"No it's fine, lets just get this over with."

____

"So did you text Lachlan's friend about the news?" Blake asked, referring to Preston as he sat beside me in the back seats of Matt's car as we rode away from the hospital, Luke and Tyler left with Austin in his car so he had to drop them home. I gazed at my light blue cast, "Yup, he freaked but said he would tell Lachlan 'when the time was right'"

"Oh boy, how fun." He joked trying to make me smile, he succeeded, my mind then blanked out as I stared out the window and at everything we passed, I hummed the songs on the radio that I knew and before I knew it we were parked outside the apartment.

"Okay, do you need help getting inside? Here's you're camera bag and also keys and phone that luckily didn't break! Woo, some good luck." James cheered from the passengers seat.

"I think I'll be fine, thanks though, talk later!" I waved goodbye to them as I opened the car door and shut it after I got out. It was frustrating juggling my items with my plastered hand as I tried to unlock the door, why didn't I place the camera bag over my shoulder before leaving the car?

I huffed in relief as I finally opened the door and strolled in dumping all of my items on the couch before swiftly moving towards the kitchen to make myself a well deserved cup of tea to relax my tense muscles from the fall.

As I was stirring my tea my phone rang, I sprinted over to my abandoned pile of belongings and grabbed my phone that was lit up with Mitch's name... Strange.

"Hey Mitch! Is everything okay?" I asked our of curiosity and worry because there was no other reason for him to call, unless something happened to Lachlan or someone else from the group.

"You broke your arm?!" The familiar voice of my panicked boyfriend rang through the phone, "Ah so Preston told you, an it's sprained not broken Lachlan so don't worry." I tried to reassure him.

"don't worry? You got hurt and I wasn't there to help and I'm not there now, I'm coming home on the earliest flight tomorrow-"

"No no you're not Lachlan, you are staying there for the last two days like you said and coming home on the flight you planned, okay? I'm fine I can take care of myself until then alright, I promise."

I heard an audible sigh and I smiled knowing Lachlan gave in, oh he's so whipped, "Fine but keep me updated-"

"Lachlan it's two days baby not another week, I'll text you tomorrow okay? Now, go have fun and give Mitch back his phone and tell the others I said hi, I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up before he could say anything else and waste Mitch of more credit, well at least I know Preston was serious about telling him when the time was right, so he probably said it either while out in public so Lachlan couldn't react or in the hotel room so Lachlan could fully react.

Well for now there was nothing I could do, I have to call work and tell them the news and luckily I'll know my boss will understand because he knows how much I missed working and don't want to miss any days.

It would be awkward working with a cast on and I'm sure if Lachlan heard that I still went to work he would lock me away as soon as he got home until my arm healed completely and baby me even when I didn't need him to, and even then he would be hesitant to let me leave, but that's just Lachlan for you, stubborn and protective.