69

"JOSH!" Simon screamed as I winced at his sudden loud shout, I heard the scrambling of feet and thumping before Josh was in the room, beside me, asking if I was okay.

"I think I need to get to a hospital." I decided as a second more powerful pain overcame the first, "Oh fuck that hurts." I gritted my teeth tightly together as Simon gently pulled me up onto my feet and wrapped my arm around his neck.

I struggled but slowly managed to rush as fast as I could with the help of Simon to Josh's car where I sat in the back with Simon. We had no time to leave a note to the others who were out so, on the way, Simon called them to explain the situation and they all replied in some form of that they were on their way.

I remember being told to count how long the contractions last for so, when I could, I quietly counted down the minutes until we made it to the hospital. From there after explaining my situation I was quickly transferred into a room where, I was just about able to change into the paper dressing gown that was given to me.

I lay back in the bed and the doctors and nurses did their best to lessen the pain and make me comfortable which was almost impossible.
.
.
.
Thirteen hours. That's how long I was in labour before the doctors had told me it was time to start pushing, Simon was there for me every step of the way as he held my hand.

"It's okay Scar baby, you can do this." Simon encouraged, I squeezed his hand from the pain and pushed when I was instructed to by the doctors, panting and crying from the pain in the process.

"Scarlett, just one more big push for me, okay?" The doctor asked patting my knee gently, I tiredly nodded and with my remaining strength pushed as hard as I could until I heard baby's cry emerge and it wasn't as hard to breath.

After the cord was cut and the baby was cleaned, the doctor placed my baby on my chest. I stared down at the small little human in awe, Simon was just as shocked as he gently stroked a brown lock of hair on her head with his finger.

"She's so beautiful, the little princess." Simon whispers at the end in amazement before planting a kiss onto my forehead, "You're a mom, Scarlett, this is, I can't believe this moment is real."

"Me neither." I honestly replied as I smiled at my baby and kissed her on the forehead. I was exhausted but right now all I wanted to do was stare down at my baby who slept soundly.

I winced as her sudden loud pitched cry rang through the room, I shifted her so she would be comfortable in my arms and gently rubbed her back murmuring loving words into her ear until she managed to quieten down.

"You handled that pretty well," the doctor complemented as she came back in smiling down at me happily, "Well, Ms. Price, we need to check both you and the baby to make sure everything's fine and then after that, you can rest for the night."

Everything was explained to me about what they would be testing for with my baby and then anything that they had to check me for was briefly described beforehand.

Simon was ushered out of the room by the doctor as this all happened, so with a quick kiss he left to talk to the guys who were waiting in the guest area.

After the tests were done, they put my baby girl into a crib beside my bed where she was sound asleep with a plain white baby grow on her.
"So, have you thought of a name?" The doctor asked curiously as she finished marking her chart and then gave me her full attention.

I shrugged, uncertain, "I have a name or two in my head but I don't know which to pick, I thought it would be easy picking a name, but knowing it will be their name forever, I want it to be perfect." I explained to which the doctor nodded in agreement, "Well, when you do name her, I can get you to sign out the birth certificate."

I nodded and thanked her before she left and Simon came back in, accompanied by the other six sidemen.

"She's so fucking small!" JJ gasped as they stood beside my bed and cooed at the baby. Josh patted my shoulder and congratulated me which led to the others congratulating me as well.

"You can hold her if you want." I suggested to the guys, who's eyes lit up excitedly.

Simon was the first to hold her in his arms. He looked as if he was so scared to break her, I giggled, "Si, hold her like this." I gestured to a more comfortable position for him and the baby which he copied, gently rocking her in his arms.

"Scar, do you mind if I record some of this?" Ethan asked as the others cooed over the baby and JJ took a picture of Simon holding her.

"Go ahead, just don't mind that I look disgusting." I tiredly chuckled as I watched Simon safely hand the baby over to Tobi who at first panicked not knowing what to do until Simon showed him how to hold her.

Ethan started filming and I stayed quiet as I lay back and watched, "Guys, look at this little cutie! Hello little Scarlett." He cooed as he stroked her cheek, "She's gorgeous Scarlett, congratulations once again." Ethan said as he turned the camera to me, I tiredly smiled and thanked him until the camera was turned back to the baby and Ethan recorded everyone holding her and aww'ing at her.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face as Simon once again held her, I could tell already that these guys would be protective of her as she grew up and would always treat her like family, and that is all I hoped for.

A/N

A bit earlier than usual haha

Welp it's now midterm for me for 2 weeks and of course I'm sick! 😅 hope everyone has a great Easter holiday :p

Rachel out