71

It was in the middle of the afternoon and, I was currently lying tiredly on the bed in the spare bedroom with a quiet and peaceful (for once) Amelia, sleeping in my embrace.

Simon was working in his room, and even though he insisted that I could stay in his room with Amelia, I felt guilty, Simon shouldn't have to put up with, if Amelia suddenly awakes and cries in his room while he's recording, literally doing his job, so I kindly rejected his offer and moved into the spare room when I felt it was needed.

It's crazy to say that it's only been three weeks since my baby girl was born, and I was already extremely exhausted and guilty for continuing to stay in the Sidemen house even when my apartment is ready for me to move into.

I keep apologising and promising the guys that I'll be out as soon as possible and, I'll pay them back for everything they've done for me when I secure a babysitter for Amelia and I'm on the track back to being my normal self, or a similar mother version of her with a paying job.

They always say that there's no need to hurry, that I should spend as much time as I need figuring out how to be a mother and spending time with my daughter rather than fussing over debts that they're not forcing me to pay them back for, but I feel I must.

The guys have always been patient and kind with me and I always appreciated everything they did to help when they could with Amelia and other things. Even Sarah and Freya took Amelia off my hands for a few hours so I could catch up on the lack of sleep I was getting.

But now, this moment with Amelia in my arms was foreign, she had never been in my arms for so long without making some sort of cry from discomfort or hunger, and for once, I was able to enjoy a silent moment lying down with my beautiful daughter in my arms.

Until Jide happened...

"Hey Scarlett!" JJ shouted as he burst into my room wearing noise cancelling headphones, for what reason I have no clue but it woke Amelia up and she cried unhappily.

I glared at JJ as he decided to take them off while I comforted Amelia and tried to stop her crying, "What do you want JJ, it better be important." I grumbled quietly as he stood there in the room embarrassed and speechless.

"Uh, well, do you want to come to Nando's with us?" He stuttered, I frowned, that was why he came in here shouting? I shook my head and continued to comfort Amelia, "No, you guys can go ahead."

Jide nodded and immediately left the room, closing the door after him for once but slamming it shut frightening Amelia once again as she continued to cry but now more louder.

"Seriously?" I sighed tiredly as I patted my girls back gently and rocked her but nothing seemed to help. "shhh, shhhh Amelia it's okay." I whispered as I began to hum a few lullabies.

Amelia's cried turned to quiet whimpers as I continued to rock her gently and hum in her ear. There was a gently knock on the door before Simon walked in and smiled, walking over to sit beside us on the bed.

"So, JJ is kind of in a state of shock." He chuckled as he lightly pulled me over so I was leaning against him with Amelia in between us, she didn't protest about this thankfully.

"Yeah well he burst in here shouting, I would have shouted back at him if I didn't have Amelia in my arms and had to make sure she was okay."

Simon hummed in response before glancing down at Amelia who was now asleep in my arms, sighing I moved away from Simon's embrace to place her into her crib beside the bed.

"So, are you not going to Nando's?" I asked curiously as I moved back into Simon's embrace, he shook his head, "Nah, I'd much prefer to be here with you, and since we're alone we can enjoy the peace, maybe order some food?"
He suggested to which I nodded in agreement, "Sounds great." I sighed contently as I began to lay down still curled up to Simon.

He wrapped his arm around me and positioned himself so it was comfortable for both of us.

After everyone left myself and Simon just stayed where we were and enjoyed the peace. But something came to my mind and I made myself break it, "I'm thinking about moving into the apartment next week, I'm so grateful for everything you guys have done but I don't want you to think that I'm always dependant on you." I murmured, Simon glanced down at me, his eyebrows screwed together in confusion.

"We don't think that about you Scar, we understand how tiring it is to mind a child and we are more than willing to help, but, if you do want to move then we can help you get settled in."

I nodded as a thanks knowing I couldn't argue, and then added, "So, how about we order some pizza?" To which Simon smiled and agreed.

A/N

The end is pretty bad and I apologise!

Still taking requests for any scenes you want me to write before I finish this book within a few more chapters, so if you have any suggestions please let me know 😁

Hope you all have a good week x

Rachel out :p