4

"You know you didn't have to come with me, it was nice enough that you drove me here." I spoke to break the silence as we waited for a doctor to come out and take me, a nurse handed me an ice pack when we signed in to ease the pain while I waited, It was kind of helping.

"Uh Ms. Price I'm assuming?" the doctor spoke as he looked up from his clipboard, I slowly nodded and he turned to Lachlan, "And are you family, boyfriend-" "Oh no I'm just her friend." He cut him off, the doctor nodded and smiled, "Ah I see, well will both of you come with me please."

-----------------

"Well there seems to be nothing wrong, but just to be sure I'm going to have to ask you to stay awake for a couple of hours just to be certain, would your friend here be able to help keep you awake?" He asked gesturing to Lachlan who glanced at me for an answer.

"I'm sure i'll be able to keep myself awake doc." I smiled a bit unsure of myself but I wasn't having Lachlan be forced to take care of me. especially since we barely know each other.

"Okay well that's it then, you can go." He smiled opening the door for us as we walk out.

When we left the building Lachlan turned to me as we continued to walk, "You sure you'll be okay? I don't want to be the cause of something bad, I wouldn't mind staying up late with you, I do that most night anyway." He chuckled, I smiled at the offer but shook my head, "I'll be fine really."

"Okay," He sighed giving in, "But can I at least walk you home?" sighing I nod knowing he probably would come with me anyway, "I think it's this way." I pointed down the street, unsure of my directions, "Here hop in and tell me the address, I'm sure I'll be able to find it."

"Uhm it's called the Abbey Hotel? I think." I quietly spoke scrunching up my eyebrows in confusion. Lachlan stopped what he was doing and looked over at me, "You're staying in a hotel? Now I don't want to leave you alone, do you have a number or something or a Skype account?"

I sighed shaking my head, "need to get a new phone and number, and I don't have a laptop." "You don't have a phone, okay it's official, I'm staying with you tonight, whether its in this hotel or you come to mine." He states and I look at him in shock, "are you serious? We barely even know each other!"

"Well, nows the perfect time to, so, what's your favourite colour?"

"Blue, but that's not the point Lachlan, you could be a serial killer and I'm your next victim, nobody would know where I went if I disappeared!" I kind of over exaggerated as Lachlan chuckled beside me

"Thats true, but I guess you'll have to trust me.... so, what do you say?" He asked holding out his hand to me, sighing I took it in mine sealing the deal, "Fine, but you better have coffee." Smiling happily he nodded, "Of course."

-----------------------

We reached Lachlan's apartment at around seven and I found out it wasn't far from the hotel I was staying in, only a ten minute walk. "I'll make some coffee I guess, how do you like yours?" He asked guiding me over to his living room, it consisted of a two seater couch and an armchair or either sides, there was a glass coffee table in the middle of the space.

"Uh, a bit of milk and one sugar?" I asked politely. he nodded and left to go to what I guessed was his kitchen. I relaxed back into the chair and sighed, why was I here?

Lachlan came back soon after with two steaming mugs of coffee, he sat down beside me and handed me mine warning me that it was hot. I smiled and thanked him taking a sip before placing it down on a coaster on the coffee table.

"So, wanna play twenty questions? You did point out that we barely know each other." He reminded me, shrugging I replied with a simple, "Sure."

"Okay, I'll go first, any pets?" He asked placing his mug down on a coaster as he turned to face me more.

"I had a jack Russell when I was younger but he ran away, well that's what my parents said." I shrugged thinking up of a question, "Since you asked me in the car I'll ask you now, favourite colour?"

"Red or Green. Any siblings?" I shook my head before further explaining, "I was adopted at age five, so I don't remember if I have any actual siblings but I know my adoptive parents didn't adopt anyone else. If you could be any animal what would it be and why?"

The game went on and we definitely passed twenty questions but we were having fun and getting to know each other, I learned that Lachlan can surf, he loves football (as I already found out earlier on) and he is basically an awesome person, so the opposite of me.

We were laughing at something Lachlan said when his phone suddenly went off making both of us jump, quickly he grabbed it out of his pocket and pressed some buttons silently cursing to himself as he read the text, "I was suppose to record with Preston, fudge!" He yelled making me laugh.

"Who's Preston?" I ask curiously, "He's one of my Internet friends, we both make videos on YouTube, it's our jobs." He lightly explained, "Cool." I nodded, "Don't let me stop you from recording with him."

Lachlan sighed but then his eyes brightened as he tonight o something, "Want to meet him and watch us?"

"Uh sure, I guess."

A/N

Hey all! hope you enjoy the new chapter! I'm going to try and update all my fan fictions on a Friday/Saturday or off I'm really busy then Sunday!

So yeah :D hope you have a great week x

Rachel out :p