Rhiannon: Chapter 13

MELISSA'S VIEW

I washed out my mouth and brushed my teeth, that was the second time I'd been sick in less than half an hour. I'd only just got back from leaving the hospital and Tamara went home instead of coming back with me, saying she wasn't well :/ I'm not stupid so I could tell something more than that was bothering her aside from Malik and the baby. I felt so sorry for her, I couldn't put it into words, I knew how much she wanted this baby but she couldn't get to hold her...it just didn't seem fair. I heard Rhi's room door slam shut and my head snapped up from the sink. I needed to make our relationship better, it wasn't right that we weren't speaking but she was so stubborn kinda like me. I knocked and waited for her reply but didn't get one, I opened the door and she was sitting on her bed with her back against the wall and her head on her knees.

'Rhi?' I said quietly and sat at the edge of her bed, she looked up and had tears running down her cheeks, I moved closer to hug her and she shook her head and moved away slightly.

'I don't need you here, neither does dad. Do you have ANY idea what you've gotten us into?'

'I know I'm sorry Rhi I just wanted to see you both-'

'YOU'RE SO SELFISH! ITS ALL ABOUT YOU ISN'T IT? DID YOU THINK OF WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU RAN AWAY?'

'I knew what would happen! I just needed to get away, you have NO idea what it was like.'

'Well explain to me,' I couldn't. My mouth wouldn't move. I didn't want to tell her and remind myself of what had happened, someone I thought I could trust betrayed me. Someone I thought I could turn to once I was in hiding lied and hurt me, both physically and mentally.

'Well? Everything that you're saying is shit. You lie too much.'

'No Rhi you don't understand-'

'Nah infact you were better off dead, it was better when you weren't here. We were just getting better! Everything was fine and you came and ruined everything,' A tear rolled down my cheek as she glared at me angrily meaning every word she was saying.

'I'm sorry.'

'So you said before, it doesn't make a difference to me so get out my room.' I looked at her for a little while longer and then wiped my face as I was walking towards the door. She slammed it shut and I sighed, not knwoing what to do next. The front door closed and I went downstairs to see Trey, he pulled me towards him by my waist and kissed my lips lightly.

'Mel I'm sorry about what I said in the hospital, I know you're not like Vanessa and-' He stopped talking and frowned slightly once he looked at my red, puffy eyes.

'What's happened?' I shook my head and sniffed.

'Nothing, I just feel like crap.'

'Aww, it's probably just the baby.' He placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed it, I smiled but deep down knew I was lying to him. Tamara was right, I needed to tell him sooner or later.

'Trey...I need to tell you something.' He frowned and looked at me closely.

'What's happened? Is it Rhi?' I shook my head and led him into the front room, we both sat down on the sofa and I moved away slightly so I could look into his eyes.

'It's serious.' I said.

'What is it?' I took a deep breath and he held my hands in his.

'When I was kept in hiding... Stephen had people come and check on me regularly.' He nodded but I felt his grip on my hand get tighter, almost as though he knew what was coming next.

'One of them was Dean.' He clenched his jaw and his nostrils flared.

'Dean? As in the one who you were tight with?' I nodded and he kissed his teeth.