She shook her head. "Just know, I'll be the first one to laugh when your plan doesn't work."

George slung an arm over her shoulders. "You should have more faith in us, Samantha."

"Even so, only one of you can be chosen," she added with a grin.

Fred and George looked at each other and started to size the other up. They reached the portrait hole and saw the Fat Lady. "Balderdash," Fred said after hearing it from Angelina who led the First Years to the Common Room with Lee.

Samantha and Alicia headed towards the stairs when Fred called out, "You'll see, Potter."

She laughed. "I'm sure."

They got to their dorm and Samantha started to sort through her books for the following day to make sure they were all in order. They saw Angelina taking off her Prefect badge and placing it on her bedside table.

"You know, I may enter," Angelina said. "I'll be of age for Halloween."

Samantha smiled. "Really?"

Angelina shrugged. "Why not, it's worth a shot, right?" She then sat down on her bed. "You'll be seventeen on Halloween too, Samantha."

She looked up. "Yeah, and?"

"Thinking about entering?"

Samantha shrugged. "I really don't want to volunteer myself to compete in dangerous tasks."

"But we're Gryffindors!" Angelina said. "We're known for bravery and you're afraid? Don't forget that you're the one who volunteered to hang out with a convicted mass murderer."

Samantha shook her head. "Sirius was a completely different story and I'm not afraid. I just don't want that kind of glory. You grow up with people knowing who you are because of your little brother and what you saw and I don't want any more of the spotlight," she said and then gave Angelina a smile. "I'd rather cheer someone else on."

Angelina nodded slowly and bit her lip. She saw the sadness in Samantha's eyes and decided not to press the issue further.

They woke up the next day and made their way down to the Great Hall for breakfast and to start their first day back at Hogwarts.

"Your times table, Potter," McGonagall said, handing Samantha hers as well as Fred and George.

Fred pumped his fist. "Yes! Two free periods until Charms."

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Lucky you. I have double Potions and then Charms."

George snickered. "Well at least we have Defense after lunch. We can see what how Moody's going to be."

Harry and Ron groaned. "We don't have him until Thursday," Ron spoke. He had been very excited about Moody teaching since he remembers his father telling him stories about his days as an Auror.

She turned to Angelina and Alicia and looked at their schedules. She didn't see Potions. "You guys don't have Potions either?" Samantha then looked at Lee who let out an incredulous laugh. She hummed in annoyance. "Great, I'm all alone."

"We all have Charms together," Alicia said. "And Defense, Transfiguration, and Astronomy. And most of us have Herbology."

"That's not enough," Samantha whined even though it was all but two classes. "I'll be all alone in Potions and Ancient Runes."