Chapter 27

Heart·break  [hahrt-breyk] 

-Great sorrow, grief, or anguish.

Pain  [peyn] 

-Physical suffering or distress, as due to injury, illness, etc.

-A distressing sensation in a particular part of the body.

-Mental or emotional suffering or torment.

A·lone  [uh-lohn]  

-Separate, apart, or isolated from others

Emp·ty  [emp-tee]  

-Containing nothing; having none of the usual or appropriate contents.

-Vacant; unoccupied.

Jessie's POV

Heartbreak. Pain. Alone. Empty. Those were the only things that I could even bring myself to feel. There was no in between, no light at the end of the tunnel, no nothing. I couldn't even help myself believe that this would end and that I'd feel happy again, because I just knew I was lying to myself. Nothing felt right anymore. I was empty, drained even, like there was nothing I could do anymore that could bring happiness into my life.

And this was all because Harry had left me.

I winced at my own thoughts because I couldn't fathom it. I couldn't fully bring myself to understand that this was my reality. I was essentially alone. And pregnant. My hand automatically touched my stomach, and a soft sob escaped my throat. I guess I wasn't totally alone, but still. There wasn't anyone around me now, my fiance left because he couldn't handle this. He couldn't handle pulling it together for me.

How could he do this to me? We've been through to much for him to just get up and walk out on me just because he didn't want something. My hands balled into fists as an angry sob escaped my throat. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to murder him in the most gruesome, violent, and painful way possible. I needed to make him feel like he's making me feel, and if he says anything about how hard it was for him to do, I'll kill him. I don't care what it takes, but I'll make him hurt just like this.

I angrily wiped the tears from my face with my clenched fists and sniffled as I looked around the room. Most of Harry's stuff had been taken, and that hurt yet again to realize he really was gone. I finally looked over to his bedside table and winced as I saw the picture frame I'd gotten him with the various tiny pictures of us inside was laying face down on the table. I shuffled over to it on my knees and slowly adjusted it so it was standing again. My breath caught in my throat once I noticed something about the frame.

A picture was missing. The picture that Harry had taken of me one night whenever I was sleeping. He claimed that he wanted a picture of me in my most beautiful and natural form, so he took it and put in the frame without my knowledge. It had taken me about a week or so to actually notice the addition, and I had tried to make him remove it, but he wouldn't. He said it was his favorite picture.

I bit my lip slightly. Maybe there was still hope for him after all. It had to count for something that he'd taken a picture of me with him, right?

I guess I could only hope and pray that he'll realize what an idiot he is then come back to me so we can work things out. We've been through to much together, and he couldn't just leave whenever I needed him most. I love him, we're going to be parents, and I just can't do this alone. I might have the rest of the boys and Danielle there to help me, but they all paled in comparsion to the man whom had stolen my heart whenever he'd stolen me.