"I don't want to go to prom with Ashley, Derek""

"Who do you wanna go with then?" Derek, my closest guy friend, is starting to get fed up and pissed off with my lack of prom date.

"I'm going to ask Anya to be my date" she was the only girl I wanted to go to prom with. Both I and our parents have pictured us going to prom together since freshman year.

"What!? Out of all the girls you could get lucky with, you pick the ONE girl you know for a fact ain't gonna be puttin' out" the annoyance in his voice was very apparent.

Derek was only going to prom for the 'after party' also known as having sex with your date at some cheap motel.

I've dated most of the girls in our class and I'd still rather spend my time with Anya. Although, I won't deny the thought of spending prom night with Anya in a hotel room didn't cross my mind...

"Dude, she's my best friend and besides, she's way more fun than any of those Barbie dolls you hang with" yes I said it. The make-up plastic girls that seem to swarm around the jocks. It was fun getting all their attention and seductive looks at first, but after four years of flirting and unwanted groping, it's getting aggravating.

"Are you telling me you already bedded her?" His eyes widened at the notion that I had slept with Anya. I hated the way he spoke about her but if I confirmed his accusation maybe he would stop bugging me and shut up about prom already... But I can't ruin her reputation just to shut him up, I could never do that to her.

I groaned "ugh, no you idiot that's not what I meant"

"Well then you better hurry up and ask her 'coz all the other guys are planning to ask her to prom and have a bet going about who the lucky guy is to take her to his motel room that night" he said so nonchalantly as he continued playing the video game.

As soon as his words registered in my mind I froze in anger clenching the controller in my hands. Like what the fuck!? Sure every guy has rated girls on a scale from 1 to 10 and every guy has jokingly competed about sex with their friends, but this is not cool! You never ever make a bet based on a girl's feelings for you and to think these dipshits think it's ok to do it to my Anya, who is nothing but nice to everyone, is just sick!

"Who the fuck is involved in this bet!?" I demanded

"A few guys...... actually, just about every guy without a girlfriend or doll of their own" he reset the game as he told me

I wanted to beat the crap out of every single guy who had a hand in this sick bet! But one, that would take me forever, two I was at Derek's house and three, I needed to get to Anya.

Now.

I got up from the couch and tossed the controller at Derek's chest. He groaned and swore at me as I left his house silently and quickly. I knew I wanted to make a big gesture for my 'prom-posal' but I don't have the time to plan something over the top. I needed to get to her before some douchbag does.

I drove to her house and knocked on the door. Which was very unusual since I normally just go through her window but I had to do this properly. When she opened the door she was standing in her comfy clothes, black shorts and a white tank top, and hair pulled back in a messy bun.

"Demitri!? Hi" she said with a shocked look on her face

"Go somewhere with me" I demanded as nicely as I could while pulling her out the door and to my car before she could question or protest

I buckled her in before jogging around to my door and getting in the car. I started the car and drove off... Still not sure where I was taking her.