ch. 17 I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing!

• Dedicated to Jessica O Shea

(Nathan)

I knew she saw me looking at her. I gave her the message loud and clear. It was pure pain and she knew that.

I love her.

But even though it wasn’t her fault, I had to let her know how much it hurts.

I looked around for her afterwards.

‘’where’s Meg?’’, I asked.

Raven looked worried, ‘’I don’t know, she looked really upset and walked out, maybe she’s in the toilet or something’’.

I shook my head,’’ no, I know where she is’’.

I stormed out and ran to the hotel. It would have been easier to get a taxi but I wasn’t thinking.

I ran to my room. Their was a note on my bed.

I didn’t want to read it. I knew it was from her.

I sat on the bed and hesitated but I eventually opened it.

‘To Nath,

I know I promised you I would stay, but , you’ve made me realise how much I’ve really hurt you, I’m not going to stand around and watch the ones I love get hurt.

Thank you for everything, I appreciate EVERYTHING, you, the boys and the girls have done for me.

I will NEVER stop loving you, you saved me.

you mean everything to me, I will never forget you,

Megan.

P.S I will always love you.’

Why would she do this? She knows that I love her, she knew I wouldn’t let her go. I have to find her.

Before I knew it I was on my way to the airport. I looked for her flight when I arrived. It hadn’t left yet, in fact, it wasn’t leaving for another hour and a half.

I was running around like crazy to see if I could see her. At that moment, I saw her in line for security check.

She looked up from her ticket and caught my eye, she blinked then looked away.

‘’don’t leave me!’’, I shouted in the airport.

She stopped dead still.

I walked up to her in the queue.

‘’you don’t want to leave me’’, I said sadly.

She spoke without looking at me, ‘’I don’t want to, but, I have to’’.

‘’look at me’’, I demanded.

She didn’t, ‘’don’t do this to me Nathan, you know why that’s too hard for me to do’’.