Chapter 5

"You know Chorong, I'm not saying this because I'm a demon, but because I'm basing it on my opinions, I don't like that school" Namjoon said while sipping on his hot chocolate. "And I'm not telling you this because I'm part angel but, why don't you like that school?" I asked. If he doesn't like the school then I'll have to find another way to find out about my past. Namjoon is the smartest person I've known and he's trustworthy.

"I found out that school has Chasers, Chasers kill Enigmas, Enigmas are dead demons" Namjoon explained. "Enigmas are dead demons?!" I swear, what else is this guy going to surprise me with. "Chorong, there are demons all over this world and others are crazy. Some might be disguised as Chasers or others, like those practicing spells of some sort" Namjoon said.

Chaser, that sounds familiar, chaser. I think I kn- wait, that guy that saved me from the Enigma! What's his name again? Shorty? Shawn? Shu- Suga! Right, the weird guy I bumped into when Namjoon and I were in A.D. Academy. He said he's a chaser right? Or did I just go crazy and imagine him existing? Okay, I'm just having a debate with myself, I wonder how I look like right now?

Namjoon was snapping his fingers in front of my face. I snapped out of it and widened my eyes at him. "You looked like you were having a debate in your head or were you just staring at nothing after what I said" Namjoon said in a matter-of-fact way. "I was having a debate in my mind if I should believe you or not, can you prove to me in any way that you're a demon?" I asked. Namjoon nodded "I guess you should see it to believe it". He stood up and tried to calm himself.

I had high expectations for what he was about to do but stayed patient. He snapped his fingers and looked at me for my opinion. "The snap was loud but I don't get what it was for" I said innocently. He pointed behind me and I looked. I gasped. My shadow was doing something else.

I was sitting at the breakfast nook but my shadow looking like it was drinking tequila and was sitting with her legs crossed. My shadow raised her drink to me and I just nodded. "How did you do that?!" I looked at Namjoon. "Demons special ability is to control the shadows, and now your shadow can be another friend of yours" Namjoon smiled at me with his dimples coming out.

"Can you undo it? Not that I want it to happen, my shadow looks cool" I said as I waved at my shadow. "Anyway, It's Sunday right?" I asked Namjoon. "You know, I have a cousin who's female who you can hang out with because I'm a dude" he said. "Are you trying to get rid of me?" I asked him sounding annoyed. "Nope, I'm just thinking you might need female friends and not female enemies. Look Chorong, there are times I can't understand you so I need you to have a friend that will" he explained.

"Isn't that why you brought my shadow to life?" I asked. "Your shadow can't speak, so I suggest you go make friends in school" he said. "Okay daddy, I'll make friends and we can give each other friendship bracelets" I said while mimicking the voice of a 7 year old girl. Namjoon played along and mimicked the voice of an old man "make sure you come home early okay?". I nodded while laughing.

"Anyway, I need to know about my parents so I'm going out for a while" I said but Namjoon said "It's Monday, we've got classes but luckily, they're later today so prepare for our school and not theirs". I sighed and said "alright, alright, but please accompany me back there, it still creeps me out". Namjoon nodded "but you still need to get female friends, I'll contact my cousin if she's available and if you don't like her, you can just tell me and I'll give her a different friend".

"Namjoon, I can make my own friends. You don't need to call your cousin" I said and went upstairs to prepare for school.

I finished preparing and went downstairs where Namjoon was just sitting on the couch playing with his phone. "Hey Namjoon" I said and he hummed in response. "Is Jackson a demon? The guy we met at A.D. Academy?" he gave me the creeps. "I don't know, besides if he was a demon, what would he be doing in that school" Namjoon stood up and looked at his watch "We should get to school before Mr.Kim scolds me".

"Why doesn't anyone in school scold me?" I asked, I mean, I could murder someone in school and still be forgiven. That isn't fair at all. "Because they know what you are, and your kind is more powerful than the devil and God put together" Namjoon explained as he opened the door. "Now, let's go".

We walked to school and got to the annoying halls again. "Wait" I held Namjoon's arm. "What?" he looked back at me. I tiptoed so I could reach his hair and I put it aside revealing his forehead. I put the hair up a bit so make it look better. "Why'd you fix my hair?" he asked me. "Because I heard in the girls' restroom that they go crazy when your hair is like this, you want me to get a female friend? I want you to get a girlfriend" I said with a playful smirk.

He sighed "I don't need one". I scoffed who does he think he's trying to fool? I pushed him in the hallway and girls started to stare at him and giggle in the sight of him. I chuckled and walked away, I wasn't getting rid of him, I just needed sometime alone and if I told him that he would tell me to just tell him what my problem is. No thanks.

I went to the terrace on the 3rd floor of the school. It was empty, no one liked coming here because they got creeped out about a ghost story once and never came here. Those weirdos are so gullible. I giggled to myself. The view was breathtaking, but it only lasted a while when I found a small piece of paper fall to my feet. Is it raining paper? Hehe

I picked it up and looked into it. There was something written on it and I read it aloud.

"You have the power so strong and great,

Later, you'll meet your mate,

With eyes as bright as the moon,

Whom, you shall meet very soon".

"That is a really good poem, I wonder who wrote it" I spoke to myself then I heard the bell ring, I shoved the piece of paper in my pocket and found the drawing the Suga guy had left in my pocket as well, signaling the time to go to hell, my nickname for my classroom. You get it? Because it's probably filled with demons so it's called hell- whatever.

I ran to my first class which is History, a subject I was never really good at. "Chorong!" I heard a familiar voice. "Namjoon?" he was walking like a drunk person and his glasses were tilted. "Are you alright?" I asked and stared at him walk towards me. "Never leave me like that, you know I hate the other girls in this school" he said and glared at me. "It's not my fault girls like you, especially with your hair up" I said and walked into the classroom with Namjoon behind me.

"Okay class, just copy whatever I write on this black board and you won't fail this year" said my annoying teacher, well that's not technically what he said but that's how I understood it. I'm pretty sure he said something about what the Japanese did to several countries, years ago.

I just took note of what was on the board so I wouldn't have to listen to what he says, besides I only need this information for the final examination. My head lay on my hand that rested on my table as I stared absentmindedly at my teacher. Suddenly, there was a knock on our classroom door.

Everyone's gaze moved to the door as our teacher lazily walks to the door. For all I cared, I just kept drawing on my notebook. "Ms. Park Chorong?" said my teacher as his gaze was on me. I stood up "Yes sir?". He opened the door wider revealing who was at the door. My eyes widened and the girls in my class began to whisper to one another and giggled to who was at the door.

"Yes that's her, may I excuse her for a while?" That Suga guy was there smirking at me as he leaned on the doorframe. I sighed and girls started to glare at me as I walked to Suga. Once I got to him, I closed the classroom door and heard the class continue. "What do you want?" I asked with my arms crossed. He looked from left to right before he whispered "Mr. Kang wanted to see you so he asked me to come get you".

"Why didn't he just make Jimin do it?" I asked. "Because Jimin still has homework about what Enigmas are and what made them" he answered. "I can't go because I've got class in this school" I answered with a strict voice. He pouted, okay that kinda got my heart pumping for some reason. "If you think aegyo will work on me then think again" I said.

He sighed and smirked suddenly. I got shocked a bit "why are you smirking at me like that?". He began chuckling to himself, creeping me out even more. Suga held my arm and I was too shocked to move. "Guess what Chorong?" he said with an evil smirk that I didn't like one bit.

"What?" I asked with my eyebrows up. "The best thing about being a chaser is this" he snapped his fingers and I scoffed. "Yeah, snapping is cool". He shook his head "head back to class". I rolled my eyes and opened the door. I gasped.

Everyone wasn't moving, Suga stopped time.