New Neighbours - Part 3

Returning to my apartment feels weird, like a little kid coming home from a 2 day sleepover. This was definitely the best sleepover I’ve ever been to though… I put in my key to unlock the door and turn the handle. My previously perfectly organised apartment has been thrown around, torn apart and obviously raided. It’s a good thing I didn’t have anything good in here yet, hence why nothing is taken- apart from my pillow? I guess this is what happens when I stay over for an unexpected sleepover and don’t lock the door. I walk over to my wardrobe and find everything in place, the robbers obviously got bored. I pick out a pair of jeggings, a white vest top and a checked blue-hue top. I pick up a pad of paper and a pen, which was thrown halfway across the room. I step out into the hallway and ensure I lock the door this time. I tap on the boy’s door in a rhythmical pattern of four knocks and subsequently, I’m greeted with Phil’s adorable face.

“Morning, Y/N.” Even though it’s early in the morning, he looks fantastic- just had to say. His eyes are sparkling in the hall lights before letting me in.

“Hey, Y/N.”

“Hey guys, I’m here for cereal.” The boys exchange nervous looks before looking right back at me.

“Well, about that…Phil ate your cereal.”

“Did not! You had some too!” Phil argues back in a childish tone.

“Frosties not good enough for you, Dan? It’s okay, I’m not going to shoot you.” They sigh and, as if on cue, everyone starts laughing. Eventually the laughter stops and I feel it’s time to ask about buying me a new pillow. “Um, do you guys have a spare pillow that I can have until I have enough money to buy my own?” And thus, the laughter begins again.

“You’re kidding me right? You didn’t bring a pillow?” I try to laugh.

“Oh, I did bring a pillow. It just got stolen last night.” An eerie silence descends upon the room.

“You…You got robbed?” Phil looks shocked whereas Dan looks like a serial killer.

“Yeah, they only took a pillow though. I’m quite glad I didn’t unpack my bags yet.” Phil looks really upset and I can’t quite figure out why. “What’s up, Phil?”

“This is all my fault…If I didn’t ask you to stay, You never would have got robbed.” Now I feel awful.

“Phil, It was only a pillow, I left my door unlocked- it’s not your fault. Anyway, I was thinking that, if you feel up to it, we can all go into town and find me a new pillow!”

“Sure, I don’t see why not. I’m going to get dressed.” Dan strides to his bedroom. I cross over to Phil.

“Thanks for the tea earlier, to be honest- I never wanted any tea, I just wanted some sleep. But now I have two amazing friends that regardless of whether just a pillow got stolen or my entire apartment was nicked will stand by me…I’m grateful for that.” I can’t believe how cheesy that was, I just didn’t know what to say! Phil’s smile is so adorable that I can’t even cope. I start to involuntarily squeal internally.

“What’s wrong, Y/N? Do you need medical help?”

“No, no…Your smile is just so pretty.” I laugh. “So,” I cough. “I think you should get dressed if we’re going out, as much as I love your Marvel pyjamas, I’m not too sure how everyone else will.” I smile and gently push Phil towards his room. I’m alone in their living room. I don’t want to sit down on the sofa in case I seem rude, I don’t want to get a drink in case they prefer to offer and I don’t want to turn on the TV as they may be recording a season finale and not want to see it. As a compromise, I decide to sit in the middle of the floor and just wait.

“We’ve got a perfectly good sofa here that you could sit on, unless of course by chance that’s too conventional for your taste.” I bite my lip in irritation as I look up at Dan, who is towering over me in tight black jeans and a black t-shirt.

“Maybe I like the floor,” I say, rolling around and making carpet angels. “Is that a problem?”

“Not to me, but perhaps to the business unit that looks directly into our apartment.” His eyebrows lift as he points over to the tall building.

“Maybe they shouldn’t be so judgemental.” Eventually, I decide to get up so I can face Dan. However, I end up facing his chest. He seems a lot taller than yesterday; either that or I’ve shrunk.

“What kind of Pillow are you after?” I start thinking, and think of the most awkward pillow possible, just so I can spend more time in town with them.

“Probably a goose feather one, but I need to find a neon green pillow case to go with it.”

“You’re purposely being awkward now, come on.” ABORT ABORT- HE’S ONTO ME.

“Do you want me to be able to sleep?” He sighs.

“Sorry, your majesty.”

“I hope so. But what should I get if we can’t locate this very specific pillow necessary for my sleep?”

“I guess you’ll have to borrow one of ours until we can find the cushion that compliments your sleep needs.” Phil makes a fabulous entrance, throwing the door open and strutting out in a pair of black skinny jeans and what looks like a blue illuminati t-shirt. “Wow, Phil. You look fantastic.” He nods in appreciation and picks up his keys.

“Shall we head off?"