Never Be Mine - Part 2

Although our rooms are the same size, hers seems so much larger than mine. While my walls are coated in a thick layer of posters, hers are elegant shades of white, glistening through her many windows. (I only got one window which I find incredibly rude)

'Alrighty then,' once we actually get inside, she turns straight to the wardrobe and speaks to it rather than to me. 'What are we going to do with her?'

'Make her look great.'

'Exactly.' She spins around with her arms folded behind her back, 'And to do that, we must start with her wardrobe.' The arms thrust forward to reveal two dresses, a dotty blue halter neck and a more elegant laced dress which smoulders in a shade of Midnight.

'Eh. Not feeling it,'

'Good. Me neither.' She tosses them onto her bed and throws a pair of jeans and a white crop top that's laced at the bottom at me. 'Try these on. Now, what are your intentions with Dan?'

'Come again?' I slip out of my jeans easily and turn my attention to squashing all of my- me - into the new pair. They're skinny, very skinny, and are extremely tight. EXTREMELY tight. These are the kind of jeans that are banned on non-uniform days in high school. Yeah.

'What do you want from him? A relationship? A life? Love? Lust? Se-'

'Okay, I get the picture.' I hastily cut her off, tugging on the button to secure the jeans. 'I don't know, I'd just like to get to know him and maybe, you know...'

'No! You don't mean-' she gasps mockingly. She always does this when we bring this up. 'Your first kiss? From a boy like Dan? Are you really willing to give up your purity?'

'Shut up,' I say, tossing a unicorn plush from the end of her bed at her ankles. I take my hoodie over my head and pull on the crop top which, fortunately, comes on a lot easier that the jeans. 'I'd kind of like to get to know him and figure out if I want to spend my life with him.'

'Try this,' she hurls a brown leather jacket over her hair at me. It fits nicely on me and looks pretty good with the outfit. I like it ALOT. 'Anyhow, I'd we have an idea. Let me see.'

She swivels around, looking at me straight on. One step- a judging glare. Another step - she picks up a strand of my hair.

'Babe, we need to deal with this.'

'Hey!' I try to smooth down my frizzy curls, but to no success. She just laughs at me. 'It's not that bad.'

'You look beautiful, I just want to try.' An undeniable pout. Of course I can't turn her down. I shove her gently and take my seat on the chair.

'Just get on with it.' Gleefully, she giggles and rummages about her draws.

---

'What colours do you think suit you?' She asks, skimming the straighteners along a thick strand of poof.

'I stick to blacks and whites, but I swear, if you touch me with any eye shadow...'

'No, no! It's not a problem, I'd only stick to nude shades anyway. I was thinking for clothes anyway, we need to go shopping.'

'One problem, I have no money.'

'Not to worry, I have plenty of gift cards.'

'Aw! Would you actually use them on me?' She blushes, brushing my back with her free hand as though to say: 'of course I would.' I would do the same too, of course. If I had the chance.

---

After about two hours and half a can of hairspray later, my hair is just about acceptable. Finally, I get the chance to ask what's been on my mind for so long. Why?

'Why are we doing this now?' She replies with a half curious grunt, so I decide to expand on what I'm saying. 'Why aren't we doing this tomorrow or something? It's not like he's going to see me.'

Her scoff is enough to answer me. 'What have you done?'

'Well...now, don't hurt me, alright? But I know about a fun house party going on today that Dan's going to.' I glare at her questioningly, projecting my 'and?' Upon her. 'And, we're going.'

'No. Way.'

'Yes way! I got us invited. We're on the A-list.'

'We are not.'

'Okay, maybe we're not,' she says guiltily, but still giddy with herself. 'Buuuut...we're going early to help set up!'

'eeeeeep!'

'Eeeeeeeep!' We squeal and jump about for a bit before choosing an outfit for her, making sure we match, but not quite. More compliment each other. And then we set out.