New Neighbours - Part 2

A/N- Sorry it just randomly changes the way it's written. I find it easier to write like this (:

The dawn has just broken through the window. I’ve realised recently that my apartment gets cold in the morning, so I’m confused as to why there’s almost a radiating heat surrounding me. I turn my head and see my new neighbour, Phil, lying next to me- on his sofa. Dan’s lying on the floor peacefully. My body is filled with joy-and utter confusion- until I realise how I got here. Last night (or this morning), the boys had a fight and I helped them. This was all fun and games until Phil insisted I didn’t leave. We went on a 3 hour Pokemon Marathon and maybe had a bit to drink… I don’t usually get drunk, or drink at all for that matter, so I don’t see why I can’t remember anything past Ash and some green haired guy fishing with some twins. Maybe they put something in my drink, maybe it was the tea! Either that or I just fell asleep. It obviously didn’t seem to bother Phil that I fell asleep on his leg, as he’s cuddling up to me- which is completely fine, if I may say so.

“Dan, are you awake?” I whisper.

“Oshawatt…Pikachu…” Dan mumbles in his sleep.

“Dan, are you awake?”

“Charmander…Oh!” He wakes abruptly from his sleep and looks at you. “Oooh, looks like something was going on here?” From what you can gather, both Dan and Phil are the type that enjoy making fun of people but seem to understand the boundaries.

“Hah, Yeah, of course. Do you have any food?”

“Only known us for a matter of hours and already wants our food, who do you think you are, peasant?”

“Well, my lord, I’m just a humble serving girl that hasn’t eaten in ages and wants some breakfast.” I say, curtseying. “Did you eat anything last night in the end?”

“Nah, I’ll get round to it later. The cereal is in the cupboard.” I nod and clamber over Phil, which ultimately ends up with me falling on top of Dan again.

“Sorry, it’s a habit- falling on top of people.” He chuckles and throws you to the side, towards the glass coffee table in the centre of the room. “Come on, let’s get you some cereal.” I bounce to my knees and take his hand. A sudden sensation of nervousness passes through me but I’m not sure why. “Uh, Dan?”

“Yeah, Y/N?” I was going to say something really intelligent here, but my brain freezes so I just end up asking what cereal he wants. “Hmm, Cheerios. Yourself?”

“What would you suggest?” I ask, taking the voice of a restaurant go-er.

“Frosties are always a favourite of mine, however todays special is Coco Pops?”

“Frosties it is then,” It takes a second for me to register that I’m still holding Dan’s hand, so lightly release my grip. “So, this is the famous kitchen I’ve heard all about.”

“Come again?” Dan chuckles whilst fetching his cereal.

“The Halloween Brownies? The hot chocolate? The cereal that Louise loves? Don’t think I didn’t check up on my neighbours.” I say, attempting to cover my inner fangirl.

“I see, we have a little stalker here, do we? I tried searching up on you, but with little success. So, Y/N, what do you do for a living?” I stop pouring my Frosties and freeze on the spot.

“I…I don’t have a job.”

“You don’t?” He questions in an overly interesting manner.

“Nope, my last job transferred me to London and when I got here they said the company had let me go. So now, I have three months rent in my pocket, no job, my boyfriend dumped me and no accessible family. Know anyone looking for someone with such qualifications?”

“Tescos is always an option.” The same look he gave me when he opened the door spreads across his face, before suddenly lifting and smiling with great excitement. “You could try and be a youtuber!” I can’t help but laugh at his preposterous suggestion.

“I tried that before when I was thirteen- making video stars and pretending to be famous. Look where that got me.”

“It’s simple; we get you started by putting you in our videos. You’ll get tons of subscribers and you can make loads of money from Youtube.” Your heart jumps and you can’t help but smile.

“You’d do that for me?” He smiles and takes the cereal from my hand and replaces it with his hand once again.

“Of course I could. That’s what midly famous, overly attractive neighbours are for, right?” I plunge at him and lock my arms around his neck.

“Thank you…” I want to tell him what I’m really feeling, but I think it’s too early in our friendship to tell him.

“Ooh, Danny. I knew this morning that you had a girlfriend.” Out of nowhere, Phil’s just appeared.

“Shut up, Phil!”

“Oh my god, guys. Seriously? I really should go, if I’m the source of this argument.” I detatch myself from Dan and smile at Phil, who feebly smiles back. “See you later.”

“Wait,” Dan says. “We still need to make that timetable.” That’s all he could say? He obviously wants me back around.

“Sure, okay. I’ll be back later for my cereal.” I wink, smile and gracefully walk away.