Chapter 39: Honesty

You started talking with Mark. About your experiences. And you finally started to understand his pain too. 

It wasn't easy for you. But hard doesn't mean impossible. It means it requires a lot of try. Whether you're ready to try or not.

Mark seemed to be feeling worse with time. Like getting sick of himself. He was trying to hide it but you could understand the pain and sadness in someone's eyes anymore.

Mark started getting several calls and texts soon after. 

"It's from the family." he apologized floofing his hair. "I left quite quickly without saying anything.. I assume they got worried."

"Answer them." you smiled firmly nodding at him.

"Okay.." he took a deep breath. 

"Hey, Jason um..I don't know how to explain it exactly but can you please come over at your house? I'm here with (y/n) and we need to talk. Maybe bring the others too if you can." Mark seemed nervous as his voice reached a highest pitch at every word he was saying.

A voice was heard from the phone and then he shut it down. He came and sit next to you.

"What will we tell them now...?" 

"I- I don't know really. But we don't quite need to lie, you know. We can tell them the truth. What we feel in our hearts." you turned your head and saw a proud Markimoo smiling at you. 

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"I'm just proud of you. I'm proud you're not afraid of their reaction and you want to be completely honest."

"I just don't see a reason for lying. That's all." you replied playing with your hair.

Mark started laughing and you just sat there enjoying seeing him happy again.