Chapter 17: The unknown girl

Waking up a girl was standing in front of you. A known face indeed. 

"Hey." she smiled kindly. "Thank you for that night. How can I pay you back?" 

Your mind couldn't process either who the girl was or what she was saying at the moment.

"S- Sorry to ask. I mean, you seem to know me but who are you?"

The smile faded from her face. "I am- I am that girl from the other side of the room. I- I was cr- crying that night..." she said showing you her bed to the other side of the room.

"Oh yeah!" all the memories from that night came back to your head. "So..Are you feeling better?"

"Yes. Thank you so much for staying with me that night." she said smiling softly, something that reminded you Mark for some reason.

"But..what was it with you?" you ask trying not to be rude.

"Um..I..It was a car crash. " She said and looked to the floor. "I was sitting at the back and luckily got only a little injured but...But--" she wiped her eyes trying to avoid crying but it seemed impossible. "My- My pa-- parents d-d- DIED!" she couldn't hold her tears anymore.

You sat there looking at her doing nothing. You didn't know what to do to be honest!

"Poor girl." you said covering her body with your hands. "I know it's not easy. My mother died 3 years ago and it still hurts. But it all happens for a reason right? You will move on. I believe in you." you smiled at her.

"Th- Thank you b- but...Now I have nowhere to stay and- and no one cares about m- me.." she said sobbing.

You wanted to help her but..What about all your plans? With Mark? What will happen to them? You sighed. "When are you coming out of this hell?" You asked showing the room.

"I don't know. Probably the next week from what I've been told. You?"

"I- I have no idea. Maybe I could ask a doctor..."

A nurse was walking past you at the same moment. "Hey can I ask you something?" you said. She nodded and walked towards you with a strict look. You got a bit terrified and fell back to your pillow. "I..um..Maybe, could you tell me when I'm getting out of here?" The impatient nurse rolled her eyes and exhaled. "That's what everyone wants to know.." she murmured. Then, she looked at a paper which was stuck at the front of your bed. "Mhm... Seems like you're getting out today." she said.

"TODAY?" You screamed loud enough to annoy the rest of the patients in the room.

"Yes, yes. Your operation was done and all your injuries are recovered so now you can go home.

You got excited. The girl had a sad look on her face. You were ready to ask but then you realized why. She would be left alone...

The nurse touched the girl. "You, go back to your bed." she said with a strict voice. 

She nodded and obeyed to the nurse. 

"Bye." you told her waving at her with a smile put on your face. She waved slightly without even looking at you.