Chapter 37: Maybe it's too late now

You didn't take the car. You just walked through the woods and the paths...To forget all the pain. To forget what you give. To just try forgiving yourself. 

But you just couldn't.

Your phone was buzzing again. And it was Mark again. You wiped your tears and sat on a fallen wood.

 You wiped your tears and sat on a fallen wood

You got up and started walking to your house. It was many miles. But you needed a long walk to think...

(Mark's P.O.V.) 

"You could've done something. But you didn't care. You never did anyways." 

'No, that's wrong, I did care but I couldn't tell you...' I was thinking to myself.

I put my phone in my pocket. I couldn't just stay there sitting with crossed arms. I had to do something immediately.

"Thank you for the dinner and everything but I have something to do. I'll see you later."

I didn't turn back with their questions or anything. I just went to the garage and got my car. 

I did as fast as I could.

Because I knew what would follow after that. I tried texting and calling (y/n) multiple times but she wouldn't answer.

I got anxious. 

I loved her.

I did.

But I was so damn mean. So damn cruel. And it was all my fault. She only wanted someone to stand. She had no one. Her family had died at an airplane crash, her grandparents had died and she had no one to stand at.

'How could I have been such a fool? Such an idiot?'  I was wiping my tears. I didn't want to crash anywhere.

~ When I finally arrived~

I had a key Jason had given me for his apartment in case of emergency. I opened the door.

(y/n) wasn't there. I went at the kitchen, the bathroom, nothing. Until I found her at the bedroom. Tying a knot on a rope hanging from the ceiling. 

I knew I'd find her at this point. 

She stopped as she saw me walking in.

There was no shy in me anymore. She needed help. I had to save her and there was no time.

She tried to put the rope all around her neck but I managed to take her away. 

"DON'T" I screamed pushing her away.