Chapter 18: Did you really want to know?

You grabbed your phone and called Susan. 

"OH MY GOD (Y/N)!!!!" She yelled making your ear bleed.

"Calm down...I want to apologize for what I've told you. Are we okay?"

"Yes! I missed you so much!!!!!!" she said excitedly.

"Okay, Susan look, I'm coming out today but there's a problem..."

You slowly explained her about what had happened with the girl and all that.

"Oh..So what are you gonna do now?" she asked hoping you had an answer for that.

"I um..I was thinking of letting her live with me for a whil--"

An uncoming call. Your phone started ringing. 

"Wait Susan someone else is calling me. I'll call you later."

"Okay, bye, I guess."

You hung up and answered the other phone call ASAP without even checking who it was.

"Hello?" said a deep voice nervously and kindly at the same time.

"I um...Hi?" you answered.

The person on the other side of the phone sounded confused that you couldn't recognize his voice. "It's me. Uh..Mark."

You stayed there looking at the phone with your mind replaying instantly what the voice had just said.

"Hello?" distracted from your thoughts by the voice you started freaking out thinking you had to answer. 

"Yeah, um..Hey Mark.."

"Hey, I thought you hung up. So um.--"

"DID YOU TAKE THE DECISION? It's not me, right? It's okay don't worry. Friends is g--" you said with one breath being cut at the end by Mark yelling at you.

"WAIT! I'll tell you but stop doing that. It freaks me out and I'm already too stressed!"

Embarrassment is the only word that could describe what you felt.

" Sorry..." you answered quietly sinking in your bed. "I'm also a little stressed." you said trying to excuse yourself. 

"Okay, okay. Um...I- I..." 

Making you wait made you more nervous.

"Just say it Mark...I already know it's not me.."

But did you really? One part of yourself said it wasn't you and another one said it was totally you. You hadn't lost the spark of hope in you.

Mark sighed softly. "I'm so sorry..." he started sobbing. "We had a great time..you know..together..But I'll- I'll have to...to pick Amy..."

You lost yourself at that very moment. You were saying it would be Amy but you still got disappointed. How could you find words to talk to him now?