Chapter 1: Bloodlings

KAYLA

9:38a.m, May 28th 2017
    Tomorrow is the day, the day I graduate. The day I'm free from this hell called high school. 

"Kayla! Get down here. Your friend is here." My mother shouted.

I quickly run downstairs but forgot that I wasn't wearing anything but my underwear and shirt.

"Hold on, mum. Tell her I'm getting dressed." I answered back.

No response. But, my mum does that all the time, pretty sure she heard. I put on my grey crop hoodie and black jeggings (leggimgs and jeans).

"I'm coming!" I said again.

As I ran downstairs, I see my best friend Tyra sitting on the couch.

Tyra waved. "Hey! Kayla let's go, Teresa's waiting."

I nodded. "Alright, where's my mum? Go wait in the car I'll catch up with you soon."

"She's in the kitchen." Tyra gets up and walks to her Mercedes Benz.

Tyra owns a car. Her family is the richest family in the freaking state. Suprisingly, she ended being bestfriends with two peasants. Me and Teresa.

I quickly run to the kitchen and give my mum a kiss on the cheek and wave her goodbye.
She smiled. "Remember, don't be back too late."

"Yeah, okay. See you later." I jogged out the door and jump in to the car.

"Ready?" said Tyra.

"Let's go."

When we arrive at the shopping mall my other friend, Teresa was waiting at the main entrance.

Oh, I forgot to say this. We were going to shop for  dresses to wear to take pictures after graduation.

8:42p.m.
  "Holy shit, took us the whole day to find the perfect dress?" Teresa said, looking at her phone.

"Teresa, have you met us?" Tyra laughed.

"I'm going to miss you guys. A lot." I said

  "Kayla if you make me cry in the middle of the parking lot, I swear to god I'll kill ya." Tyra shook her head.

I laughed.

We all group hug. Which was the most cringiest thing ever. But I love them and I don't care if it was cringy.

"Alright I gotta go guys, See ya tomorrow." Teresa hugged us one last time before she ran to her car.

Tyra looked at me.  "I think we should get going too."

.
.
.

Tyra dropped me infront of my house and waves me goodbye. "See ya tomorrow." Tyra smiled and left.

I walk into the house and I see my parents eating spagetthi at the dining table.

"Hey Kayla, have you eaten anything?" My dad asked.

My dad is a FBI agent. So, I hardly see him. To be honest, my parents have been acting weirdly this past few weeks. They seem more stressed out and they get angry quite easily.

"Yeah, I have. By the way, dad are you coming for my graduation tomorrow?" I asked, hoping he would be free to come.

"I'm sorry, I can't make it tomorrow."

"But da-"

A smile suddenly appeared on my mother's face.

    He put his fork down and smiled. "I'm just kidding, Of course I'm coming."