Chapter 4

I made my way through the cafeteria and sat with Mariah. Malani wasn't here today which was weird because she never misses a day. I sat down with my girl and we started eating our food and joking around.

We gone have to pop up at her house. I said taking a sip of my juice.

Girl okay cause I don't know where this bitch at.! Mariah said. I pulled my phone out to check my messages. I still haven't gotten a text from Martavion and I was getting worried. I haven't seen him since he left my house two days ago. He never came back. I texted him but no text back and I didn't wanna seem thirsty or anything. I was kinda annoyed because if he did me like he does these bitches hit them and quit it I swear on God we gone have a problem. We finished our food and made our way to our last class. Which was nice and easy because it was study hall and that was gonna be a breeze. I used that to get my homework done so I can have the weekend all to myself. By the time I got done it was time to go. I submitted my paper in and we got ready to leave. I told Mariah to meet me at my car when she was done.

Heyy.! I heard a familiar voice coming from behind me. I turned around to see Jayson.

What do you want.?

To apologize about last week. I was wrong way outta line and just jealous.

Mmmm and your just now coming to your senses.?

No. Look I'm just tryna keep you from getting hurt. I know Martavion your BestFriend and all but that nigga ain't who he says he is.

What are you talking about Jayson.?

I'm talking about him and you know what I mean. Man just keep yo eyes open on yaself called friends. He said before walking away.

What was that about.? Mariah asked getting in the car.

I honestly don't know. I said as I drove off. We made our way to Malani's house. Martavion truck was parked in her drive way. I hurried up and jumped out. And my feet was moving faster than my brain could. He was coming out the house as I was coming up the steps.

I'll call you.?! He said as he was walking out.

Mmmm call her but won't call me or answer my text back.?! I asked annoyed folding my arms. He looked like he seen a ghost.

What's up baby.! He said wrapping his arms around me.

What's up baby my ass. Martavion where have you been.? And what the hell are you doing here.?

I been taking care of business.

Oh have you.?! What business you got here.?

I was just coming to see if Justin was home chill out.

Chill out.? You want me to chill out. You know what you right let me chill out. I pushed past him and walked into the house. I flopped right on the couch.

We wasn't doing anything if that's what your thinking.?! Malani said rolling her eyes.

Mmmmm.!! I said putting my password in on my phone.

Mmmmm what.?! Magic your my BestFriend we M3 you know I would never do nothing crazy like that.!

You better not had Lani.! Mariah said rolling her eyes.

Bitch I said I didn't you can even ask him. That damn boy loves her stank in dirty draws. He ain't thinkin about nobody but her.!

I gotta go.! I said grabbing my purse.

Where is you going dude.?! Malani asked.

Some where.! I said rolling my eyes.

Ima just get a ride back with lani.! Mariah said. I ignored her comment and kept walking out the house. This shit got me thinking about what the fuck Jayson just said.

I made my way home after a while of shopping. I didn't get much but if it was expensive it caught my eyes and I got it. I think the best part about my mom being a doctor and my dad being a lawyer was the money. I was spoiled rotten plus Martavion gave me the world too. I put all my things away and went down stairs to start dinner. The least I could do was make dinner for us and always make sure the house was clean. I was making steak, potatoes, corn and broccoli with butter biscuits.

Mmmmm it smells good honey.! My mom said as she came in the house shaking the water off of her.

Thank you.! I smiled sitting down. She went to go take her stuff off before joining me.

Finally off.?

Yeah. Well no I'm on call.!

Damn. When are you gonna sleep.?

Girl you asking the wrong one. She said making us both laugh.

Mom your the best mommy ever.! I smiled.

Awwww thank you baby.! She said kissing my forehead.

Just than the door bell rang and she got up to go answer it. She returned with my uncle Rufus's her brother. He just got out of jail. I never really met him. He's been in and out of jail so much.

Hey baby memeber I said I wanted to talk to you about something we never got around to it.

Yeah.!

Well uncle Rufus is gonna be staying with us for a little while.

Um okay.! I said nodding my head. He sat down to join us for dinner. And we started a "family" conversation. I wasn't really interested so I put my dinner in the microwave and went up to my room. I checked my phone to see a bunch of missed called and texted from MarMar I was debating if I wanted to call him back. I was still stuck on the fact he was leaving up out of Malani's house. And on top of what Jayson said. This was some jerry springer shit.!