Awake

Third P.O.V.

It has been days, weeks even, and (Y/n) was still in her state of unconsciousness. sans often stayed in his room and Papyrus tried to follow his normal routine without worrying. Thankfully, Mettaton hasn't been near the lab, but they didn't look into his whereabouts.

One day while Papyrus was out, sans left to go visit (Y/n), leaving a note for his brother.

sans' P.O.V.

i started walking, hoping that i could take my mind off of things. in the end, i was too worried, so i teleported to my destination. i felt bad, realizing that i didn't give any notice about my visit. i'm already here, so what's the point. i simply walked in, stopping to see alphys helping (Y/n) sit up. she seems quite groggy, did she just wake up? i almost ran to be at her side, but realized what she said before. wait... lured her to the waterfalls and- but that has to be what flowey did! were her memories-

"O-Oh, sans, you didn't tell m-me that you w-were coming!" Alphys said after speaking with (Y/n) for a bit.

"sorry about that." i said while approaching the two. (Y/n) didn't seem as scared as she did before, just puzzled.

"I-It's okay, it's only n-natural to be w-worried." Alphys stated.

"how long has she been awake?" i questioned curiously.

"A-About three d-days."

"why-"

"I-I didn't tell you y-yet because I wanted t-to make sure s-she was s-stable."

"so...?" i asked, waiting for results simce she already answered my previous question.

"S-She's fine. She l-lost a bit of w-weight, and it's a bit h-hard for her to walk f-from not doing it f-for a while. "

i nodded slightly, but she still seemed conflicted. "what are you not telling me?" i noticed that (Y/n) seemed occupied with her thoughts, causing curiosity to arise. my gaze returned to alphys and she gestured for me to follow her. she sat down at her desk near the entrance and sighed.

"T-There's a few t-things..." she stammered. "S-She keeps saying t-that things are t-this, only to d-disagree after I r-repeat it back to h-her. "

"what...?"

"T-This didn't h-happen, but t-this is an e-example. S-Say that she said the s-sky was blue. I-I would repeat i-it back to h-her in a form of a q-question. T-Then, she would look utterly c-confused and tell me that I w-was incorrect."

"how can that..."

"I-I'm not sure what i-is happening either, but her health i-is stable so that's a g-good thing. I-I'll just have to look into it l-little by little."

"you said there were a few things, did you not?" i asked seriously.

"M-Maybe two more things." after pausing, she continued, "S-She can't speak. I-It must be from t-the shock a-and trauma she could have b-been through. I-I'm not positive."

"then what do you mean when she said things-"

"I-I had her write down w-what she wanted t-to say after n-noticing the absence of her v-voice."

"alright, continue."

"S-She has self inflicted w-wounds, some that are r-recent. Be c-careful with your c-choice of w-words, especially w-with her situation now. But don't b-baby her too much, most people d-don't want pity. You can visit her, but i-if anything gets out of h-hand, I'll be here."

with a simple nod and short "thank you," i cautiously approached (Y/n). she jumped slightly when she saw me, "sorry kid, did i scare you?"

she shook her head as if to say no. while she did, she gently took the notepad in her hands. suddenly, she froze and wrote something with haste. "Have you seen a sketchbook around here?" she showed me in that loopy cursive of hers.

"you're not just looking for a sketchbook, are you? yours is back at my house with your other stuff, don't worry."

i was glad to see her shoulders relax, yet she still seemed on edge. i sighed quietly and glanced away. "what do you remember about me?" i asked curiously, wondering what her memories were like. as she jotted down her thoughts, i noticed a difference in her eyes. Her left eye seemed much more dull than the right... it must be the lighting. I thought.

"You are the one that attacked me at the waterfalls. Before that, you took control of Papyrus, a skeleton I know of. I don't know what you did with him, but I have no good feelings about it. " she showed me.

"hold on, are you aware that pap is my brother? you think i attacked you?"

"Of couse not, sans, you are very kind and care for others in your own way." again, she flipped the notepad around for me to read.

i see what alphys was talking about... i thought. her writing was lighter and a bit messy at the end. her hands were shaking. instinctively, i reached for her trembling fingers, but she moved away, shaking her head.

"what's wrong?"

the notepad and pencil landed on her lap as her hands flew to her head, gripping her (h/c) hair. her eyes became dull, then filled with life, and then one dull and the other not. all the while she was shaking her head. she seemed to be fighting with herself.

"a-alphys!"

tears began to escape only from her right eye.