Goodbye

As you walked, you noticed how Toriel's hand was gripping yours rather tightly. Once the stairs were in both of your sights, her grip only then loosened to a more comfortable hold.

As you were walking up the stairs, you tried to get Toriel's attention, "Hey, mom?"

        Toriel glanced down at you without moving her head, "What is it, my child?"

        "Why am I not aloud to go past that door? And why did you stop me from going down to the basement the first time I went?"

        You were at the top of the stairs and Toriel's grip became tight on your hand again, "I just want to keep you safe, my child. It is dangerous past that door. You do not wish to leave, do you?"

        "N-No, not at all! I-I'm just curious, you know?" You said.

        Toriel let go of your hand so you could go around the house,"Okay my child." After a few moments, she smiled, "How about you go draw now, I'd love to see one of them completed."

        This partly took your mind off of things and you nodded your head. You skipped over to your bedroom door and went inside. You got your art supplies and hopped up onto your bed. You began to pick up where you left off on the sketch of what your eyes could see beyond the door to the rest of the Underground. Toriel hasn't been past that door to see what it's like right? What if she has and she sees this drawing and how accurate it is? Would she be mad? Would she believe me if I told her that I just imagined it and it must be luck? I have no idea... These thoughts swirled around in your head as you continued.

        At this point, you were lining everything with the different sized pens for a more realistic effect. You clearly remembered the chills you got once you opened the door, seeing sans past that door, all of it. You stopped to think. I still can't understand why I'm not afraid of these monsters, there was a skeleton talking to me, not to mention a flower! Maybe I've been through s-so much I'm not too surprised by anything any more... You shook your head, trying to get rid of the negative thoughts that began to creep up from the shadows.

        You erased the pencil lines after lining everything with pens. You tapped your bottom lip with your index finger as you were decided what to color with. Copics? Prismas? Or maybe both? You decided it wouldn't hurt to test out how it would look like with a little bit of both. You got to work almost right away after your decision. You felt at ease and much more calm while creating this piece of art, it was no longer like a storm blowing you away, more like a soft breeze that kept you in a stable state of mind.

        Surprisingly, you finished quite quickly because of your level of skill and your determination to finish the drawing. Without a second thought, you jumped off of your bed and headed out to show Toriel. She was in the living room, reading. Is she always reading in her spare time? You thought.

        She saw you from the corner of her eye and lifted her head with a smile, "Hello, my child, do you need anything?"

        "I finished one of my drawings!"

        Toriel seemed shocked but very excited, "So quickly! May I see?"

        You nodded your head, "Of course!" You said and opened your sketchbook to the first page and held it up for Toriel to see.

        She seemed shocked, more than before. "I-It's almost exac-" she stopped and cleared her throat. "It is so beautiful my child! You are very talented, thank you for showing me."

        You smiled, always happy to gain Toriel's praise. You closed the sketchbook and an idea came into mind. You decided to ask Toriel a question, "Mom, when can I leave the Ruins?"

        Toriel looked like she had completely froze, like time stopped for her. She reverted back to her usual self and smiled at you,"I-Is it your desire to leave?"

        You felt a pain in your heart, you could hear the hurt in Toriel's voice as she answered your question with a question of her own. You really did want to explore since your birth mother never let you anywhere except school, the store, and home. Your desire to discover and learn was growing and growing with every second since you had spoken to Sans personally. "I-It's not like I want to leave you or this place. I love it here, but I want to know more. I want to explore."

        "I can teach you and maybe get a hold of some pictures for you, you know how I wish to be a teacher. You do not need to leave in order to learn." Toriel said with a soft smile.

        You shook your head, "I want to experience what's out there in person, not just with my eyes and words from a book. I want to be able to look deeper into things. I'd be able to do that if I went out there. So please, when can I leave?"

        "I must do something, please stay here." She said in a colder tone than usual.

        You got suspicious and began to follow behind her. You weren't ever really fast because of all the injuries you have had which had made your legs a bit harder to manage. The same goes for the rest of your body. You ignored every word Toriel said about you to go back to your room and such. You finally got to the large door and found Toriel standing with her back facing you.

        "Every human that has fallen down here has met the same fate. They come, they go, they die. I will destroy this exit so no one can ever leave again."

        "Toriel," You began, "I won't die, I promise. I'll even come back and visit, yeah? You don't have to push yourself to this extent!"

        Toriel turned around and looked at you with a serious face and pain in her eyes, "If you really want to leave, prove to me you are strong enough."

        Suddenly, Toriel had engaged in battle with you. You could feel your heart beat quicken because of how nervous you felt. You took a deep breath and immediately knew that you would not fight.

        Time passed and Toriel had continued to throw fire magic attacks at you until you were just at your limit. You panted heavily and looked at your (f/c) soul that had many cracks in it, on the brink of breaking. You had DETERMINATION and continued to try and spare Toriel. She was questioning your actions, but kept fighting, well you didn't know if she was fighting anymore. As the fire came at you, it went around you and your soul. You took a step forward and the fire refused to touch you anymore.

        Although you were alive, you felt like you were being ripped to sheds just standing there and refusing to turn to violence. Toriel finally stopped fighting and spared you as well. "You are strong, I will let you leave, but please promise me you will not die." She paused after seeing you nod your head. She also added, "I hope you understand, but please don't come back here after you have left."